Skip to main content

A Quiet Time in my Internet Life - Exams?

Hiya guys.

I've noticed that I haven't written since the 14/4 when I went to the Nathan Sykes concert.

There is a reason for this and it also contributes to the reduced time I spend on the computer, millions of people around the UK will also understand what I'm going through - exam season!

I'm taking my A-Levels which will affect the chance I have of getting into university, I mean that's a lot of pressure and everyone around me isn't afraid to let me know every single day. 'These grades will affect the rest of your life,' and 'Buckle down or you'll be ruining your future.' They don't know that I have heard all these thoughts before but coming from my own mind constantly. 

Colleges teaches you how to pass your exams, but they don't tell you how to cope with everything that comes with it including: how to revise; when to revise and how to cope with all the stress. The lack of communication on these subjects have really affected me since I did my GCSE's and I had to find my own way of 'coping' with everything while not overwhelming myself yet getting the work done. 

I don't know if any of you have been told anything but here are some tips I've got that will help you, even if it is only in a minuscule way:

  1. Revise in 45 minute spurts with 30 minute breaks in between. I know people revise for hours on end, but how much actually goes in? Research shows that our brains are only concentrating for 50 minutes at a time, so stick with that and rest because over exerting yourself won't help.
  2. Don't cram the night before an exam. Nothing will stay so it is best to spread your workload over a large space of time.
  3. Find a way of revising that helps you. Reading book after book isnt useful for everyone so find different ways each time. My personal favourites are reading aloud and making colourful mind maps as they use different parts of your brain.
  4. After revising for a proportion of the day- REST! I know it seems stupid but find something that relaxes you and do it as a reward. I listen to music or go onto Youtube and I find that it calms my mind everyday.
  5. Don't do late nighters, get a good amount of sleep! Revising until late won't do you any good and being tired for an exam will reduce the chance of you doing the best you possibly can. They say that 8hrs is key and although it is hard to stick by it, try your hardest to sleep as much as possible (but don't keep using it as an excuse)
  6. FINALLY- Do not worry! If you know that you have worked the hardest then whatever happens will happen. Stressing only makes it worse and can affect you in your health.

I hope that this is helpful and if you have any of your own methods then let me know on my twitter (@Full_Time_Nerd) or my tumblr (standingintheredsky)


That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...