Skip to main content

American Idol - My Favourites in the Top 10

Hiya Guys,

This post probably seems slightly weird as I am from the UK and this post is about an American TV Talent Show. Well, it is weird how obsessed I have become with this series for several reasons including the amount of talent that oozes from a variety of artists who beat most people on British talent shows.

The talent seems to be a lot more raw and they don't do what us Brits love and keep all the rubbish acts to make good TV but in the process ruin good artists shots. The amazingly funny and talented judging panel consisting of J-Lo, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. have picked raw talent and stuck to their guns by keeping people they know can make it big. The chemistry between the 3 judges is brilliant as there is so much banter and joking but, in the end, they always know what they are talking about and give constructive criticism.

Here are the people I think have made this year amazing and have made it to the top 10:

1. Dalton Rapattoni - @DaltonRapattoni

You have probably seen me post about him in the past and, if you know my social media, you'll understand how this boy has been so amazing the last year to me. However, even if I hadn't of known of Dalton before, I would have still thought he was an amazing artist (even though he was the reason I watched it in the first place). He manages to change up every song that he has sang and when he first said he was going on the show, I thought I'd know what songs he'd sing but with a repertoire of Andrew Lloyd Webber to NSync to Billy Idol, he totally flipped what I thought but included songs from my favourite genre's. I am so proud of him and everything he has achieved so, it may be bias, but he is my favourite this season and I wish him all the best.
2. Mackenzie Bourg - @mackenziebourg

I have loved this guy from day one because of the pure quirkiness and cuteness he brings. His little geeky glasses really give him that boy next door look or the shy boy in the back of class. BUT, his voice is definitely something amazing and his individual kind of voice is nothing that I have heard recently, especially in the charts. It seems as if he is also an amazing songwriter as Roses almost sounded like something I would buy from iTunes today and really show that he could make a huge contribution to the music industry. He takes every song and makes it his own which I think is key to make it into the industry nowadays.
3. Trent Harmon - @TrentWHarmon

This guy has an absolutely stunning voice and it seems as if he has heart and soul to match. I remember getting so worried when he came on stage on group night saying he had mono because I thought they might disqualify him but thank god they didn't! He entrances me when he sings and he always brings a slight bit of quirkiness, like Mackenzie. His voice is so unique and I don't think that there are many artists that are so pure and natural and that suit most types of songs even if they aren't normally associated with that type of voice. Also, some of those hats that he wears make me very hat jealous because some of them, including his red one, are pieces of art.

So there are my three favourites. Don't forget to follow them on Twitter and, if you're lucky enough to be in the US, then vote for them on American Idol! However, I do love them all and people like Tristan, Lee Jean and La'Porsha are also stunning so watch it and choose your own favourite!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...