Skip to main content

Why being short sometimes sucks!

Hiya guys,

It's sometimes great to be short but most of the time it's shite!

Being at max 5ft 1 has been the brunt of people's jokes since I was at high school because, believe it or not, I've actually been short my entire life. This not my fault because my parents are probably the shortest pairing in the world because my dad's 5ft 6 and my mum's 4ft 10 so you can't be surprised that I ended up this height. I don't really care sometimes because I can get into kids clothing and I don't stick out like a sore thumb in awkward situation. But that's where the advantages end and the problems are becoming more visible as I get older.

I've been trying to find an outfit for a wedding in the winter and this is where the problems become seriously annoying. I CAN'T FIT INTO ANYTHING! I've been surfing hundreds of websites and visiting probably the same number of shops to find something to wear. I don't have the issue where I can't find something I like because if it's black, it's fine with me. The problems start when I go to try something on. Imagine yourself as a kid and trying on your mums clothes - that's me now. I try on these beautiful clothes but I just look like I'm playing dress up which isn't what I want to look like. Everything looks to big or too out of place on my small *in every way* body. Then there are issues with lengths of clothes. Jeans are too long, skirts are too long, t-shirts are too long and dresses are too long. Midi dresses with an overlay are in style and I think they look stunning but I can't wear them because they're too long even if I try one on in a size 4. 

Another problem with clothes is the lack of variety in the Petite ranges in shops like Miss Selfridge or Topshop. I won't lie and say that a lot of places have got a lot better but it's still too small and some of the stuff just doesn't suit me. What I've also noticed is a lot of the Petite range is pretty formal wear for like work or parties so, if I want an outfit to go on holiday with - well that's not going to happen. Am I going to be stuck with a small choice of clothes for my entire life?

So I have trouble finding things to wear but that's not the end of the pain. I'm 20 and at university but everywhere I go, people assume I'm 14 or 15 and that's not a great look when you have a baby face to match. I'm not complaining that I look young but I know that my height doesn't help.

I'm not saying that I want to be a giant but a few inches taller would be nice. I wonder if really tall people have the same problem just in the opposite way? Well, I know I'm not growing so I should probably suck it up and make the most of it.

That's all for now my dears,

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...