Skip to main content

The Greatest Showman Review

Hi my lil' Fairies,

I had the pleasure of going to see The Greatest Showman last night. Even though I was looking forward to seeing it, I was sceptical on whether it would live up to some reviews. Luckily, I loved it and want to see it again, buy the album and marry Zac Efron! The film's based on the true story of P. T. Barnum's (Hugh Jackman) journey with creation of his Barnum & Bailey Circus and the lives of its star attractions.

The first song, The Greatest Show, was an awesome way to start the film and really set the tone for the whole film. It introduced us to the cast from the get go but didn't really give away any of the story but it got me really excited to see what the storyline would bring. Without giving away too much of the story, Barnum recruits unique outcasts such as the Bearded lady Lellie Lutz, The World's fattest man and a brother and sister Anne Wheeler (Zendaya) trapeze act and embraces their oddities. With the help of Phillip Carlyle (Zac Efron), the circus goes from strength to strength. However, with all the risks they take, they obviously had their issues and critics but, together, they fight through it as a family.


My favourite part of the film was the amazing, original soundtrack throughout the film. Most times, when I watch any musical, apart from Disney and those based on Broadway, the music is always underwhelming and basic. The Greatest Showman's soundtrack is probably one of the best albums of 2017 from anyone, whether it be a band, artist or film. My favourite was Rewrite the Stars sang by Zendaya and Zac Efron and, I have to admit, it did get me a little bit emotional and there were tears because of the sheer passion that from the two and the fiery chemistry throughout. This song is the perfect example of the effort and passion that went into these songs, so much so that each one makes you feel something in some way. Whether its full of love like this one, or This is Me where you feel empowered and like you could face anything the world throws at you, there's a song for every occasion!


However, as well as the songs being beautiful in their own right, they're perfect aides to the storyline and always seemed to have a purpose. It wasn't one dimensional and all of the different stories for the characters were so diverse and worked perfectly to create this one spectacle. It had the stereotypical love story, the fight for your achieving your dream as well as struggling to fit in a world that doesn't accept differences. However, it deals with much deeper issues raised like race, discrimination, gaps in society and the importance of family. It felt like there was no seed that untouched and it was all done in a such a way that it never felt like they were pushing the issues on you to ruin the experience. This, mixed with all the special effects and old style setup, really made for one spectacular film that felt as if you were being transported into another century, maybe even another world at some times!

As for the actors in the film, even the ones who aren't as big as Jackman, Zendaya or Efron, they all played their parts perfectly and made this a film to epic. It's perfect for people who feel like they don't belong or fit in, it's also great for those dreamers in the world but, most of all, it's for those people who always got told they couldn't achieve their dreams! So, no matter what age you are, or what you like or dislike, this film is a must see for anyone who likes an outrageous film that is basically Hollywood theatre at it's best!

That's all for now my dears

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...