Skip to main content

A message for my younger self

Hiya Guys,

I am a Youtube addict and that means I'm guilty to be addicted to Youtubers in general. One of my favourite vloggers Dan Howell did a video where he said a bunch of things he would want to say to his past self. So here is mine:

Dear Sonal from the past,

You think that you're having an amazing time as a child and just enjoy it because it won't last! But here are a few things that might make things slightly better, maybe not straight away but in the long run it will:

1. Stop trusting people so quickly. 
It's easy to think that everyone you meet is great at keeping secrets but you shouldn't share them with so many people. You may think that they'll keep it, but many won't. They'll encourage you to share then ridicule you. You'll lose more friends than you gain and you don't want someone you don't even talk to knowing your deepest secrets.

2. Best friends aren't real. 
You probably think I'm being stupid because up until the age of 9 you had one best friend. Well she will leave you for another girl. You'll then keep claiming to make 'best friends' who will then leave you at the drop of a pin. Don't rely on one person, make friends with everyone because if that one person isn't there, then your life can get extremely hard.

3. It's okay to want to change but do it for yourself.
Everyone will tell you not to change your appearance because you're perfect the way you are. Well you are but if you want to improve your appearance then do it because I know how self concious you feel. BUT don't do it for that boy you have a crush on, or that guy who won't give you the time of day. Do it for yourself, to make it easier to look at yourself in the mirror every morning.

4. You don't have to be happy all the time
I know that you always advise other people but sometimes you need to put yourself first. If you want to cry then cry. If you need advice then ask for it because bottling it up isn't good. If you don't want to tell anyone then write it down because at least it's going to get rid of some weight on your shoulders.

5. Being nerdy is okay!
You'll wear glasses and wear braces and love reading and writing. That may make you the stereotypical 'geek' but there's nothing wrong with that. You'll find people just like you who won't make you feel bad for feeling a certain way or enjoying certain things.

6. No one can make you feel inferior without your permission
You're different. You like boybands and you become addicted to things too quickly. You can be clingy and, even though you don't realise it, you rely on people a lot because you're always uncertain. There is nothing wrong with that. People will mock you and try to change you to become 'normal' but that shouldn't be the case. You like that boyband that isnt cool and you listen to that song over and over. They can't make you feel bad for being yourself because you are pretty amazing.

From Future Sonal (who is just as weird even now)

So I hope you all enjoyed my little sentimental message. Dan is right when he says that even though this is advice, I am glad that everything happened to me because I may have been completely different. Your childhood happened for a reason and even though I am embarrased about a lot of things, I have had a blast!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...