Skip to main content

January made me quiet!

Hiya Guys, 

I have procrastinated writing a post, which is the reason for lack of mid week posts and Music Friday posts and I have decided that it is the concept of January that's done it! 

I am currently writing this to the High School Musical soundtrack and I think that shows how my January has gone and I think it's the same for everyone, isn't it? I mean it's the first month of the new year and everyone is either back to work, household duties or education and it seems so suckish but we fight through it with tiredness or even a new surge of energy.

I seem to fit into the first category as I have arrived to university to be met with 3 topics to do reading for, another one that makes me have to read a book each week and a presentation for pretty much all of my topics. However, I joined the gym so I guess that needed a lot of energy because I am pretty much lazy as hell.

But why is it the case? Why is January one of the most hated months? Why do we want this month to be over ASAP?

I think it's probably a lot to do with the fact that most of us had so long off at Christmas (I had 3 weeks but my family had 2) and the idea of routine scares us because everyone basically loses track of time during the festive season. It goes from going to bed at a late hour and waking up even later, to having to go to bed early and getting up when it is still pitch black which adds to the bad aura you get.

Also, I think the general environment around us contributes to this post- Christmas blues. If you think about it, for the entire month of December up to the 6th January, the streets are filled with oddly coloured lights, brightly coloured decorations and the smell of Christmas food. Your house is normally filled with fancy and glittery Christmas cards dotted around the room, festive music on the television and that huge Christmas tree that has no particular colour scheme. Now that everything is taken down, everything just goes back to normal.

So hopefully this post means I am going to be a lot more active on here but it might have to wait until February comes as I have a lot more exciting things happening.

Thats all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...