Skip to main content

Isn't it too early for Christmas songs?

Hiya Guys,

Hopefully the title and the day sort of show you what today's Music Friday is going to be about. As I have been listening to Christmas music since about July, I have picked up a great playlist of Christmas songs, some of which I listened to while decorating my flat which you can read about that in my last post. 

There will be a mix in this playlist and, although I love the classics and originals of songs, I thought that most people already know them so I'll throw together some modern ones, some of which are original and some of which are covers. Please don't hate, just appreciate and choose which ones you blast full volume or those that cause you to curse under your breath at me.

Here are songs that are originals by artists:

1. Jingle Bell Pop by IM5

Even though the name sounds very similar to Jingle Bell Rock, it is nothing like it. Written by IM5's own Will Jay, it is upbeat, poppy and the video just makes me smile whenever I watch it.

2. Hoping for Snow by The Vamps

This is one of the originals off The Vamps 2014 Christmas album and I love this song because it has the instruments that we link with Christmas like bells and it's just a feel good song and I recommend you listen to the whole album.

3. Holiday Mashup 2012 by IM5


This mashup is an original of old Christmas classics. IM5 were the kings of Mashups so check out all of them on their YouTube.

Here are covers of songs done by artists, I won't explain why I like them because there are too many:

1. Baby it's Cold Outside by Idina Menzel and Michael Buble

2. Mistletoe by Calum Hood (and another one by IM5)


3. It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas by Union J


4. Santa Clause is Coming to Town by IM5

5. Hallelujah by Brad Simpson

6. Last Christmas by Busted


7. Hark the Heralds Angels by Busted


8. Rockin Robin by The Vamps


9. White Christmas by The Wanted


So I hope you enjoy, or not, listening to all of these songs and please recommend your own that you love at this festive season.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon


xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...