Skip to main content

Ice Skating in London... well attempting too!

Hiya Guys,

I am really getting into the Christmas mood this week and I decided to have a wack at one of the most Christmas like activities... ICE SKATING!

I have never really gone before especially outside but due to it being cheap and the option for students getting a free drink, me and 2 friends decided to go to the National History Museum who had a Swarovski Ice Rink. It meant skating in the beautiful London air as the sun went down with the lights hung on all the trees. Everything seemed gorgeous as we sipped our free hot chocolate with marshmallows and cream.
That was until we started skating! All the photos we got from the free picture booth shows me holding my friends hand and it all looks so friendly and sweet... honestly it was just because I would have fallen otherwise. I was absolutely awful compared to one of my friends who was a natural and the other who had 5 years of ice skating training, I mean I could barely let go of the barrier without someone holding me tightly.

I need to stress how grateful I am to my friends because as much as I said that they could go off, they stuck by me the full 50 minutes and literally guided me through those annoyingly fast skaters. They didn't get angry as I swore every 5 minutes or nearly pulled them onto the ground with my lack of balance or ability.

However, it was still an amazing trip and I really felt as it was a great way to have fun without the student conventions of getting drunk every night. It was not that chilly and the atmosphere was just so festive. Therefore if you want somewhere to go for a girly evening then I recommend this place so much because it is not hugely expensive or big and is so fun.

Also, the photobooth thing is amazing, literally it is so cute how they let you print out your memories because I always like having photos printed for me with like information because I can stick them across my room. Here is an example of one of ours (also love to my friends who let me put this up):
Don't we look glamorous? Well they do, me well I won't touch upon any of that right now! It really put me into a great mood and emphasized that I have chosen my friends amazingly well!

So I hope all of you are having fun with Christmas festivities whether it be skating or shopping but remember, 'you dont need to be drunk to have fun' as my sister always tells everyone!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon


xxx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...