Skip to main content

Strictly Devastating

Hiya Guys,

It was the week of the Strictly Come Dancing Semi-Final and not a voice could be heard in the household as I sat holding my breath at the 10 dances I saw. However, Sunday was a different story as you heard shrieks of pleasure and a long sad cry of sadness! Yes I am a huge SCD fan but I normally leave my comments to my Tumblr blog but I felt very passionate about this week's results - not for the right reason either.

I have loved this years line up and I believed it to have been the best semi-final line up ever. My baby Jay coming back on the screen, the grace and drama of Kellie, the Northerness of Georgia, the novice and improvement of Anita and the elegance of Katie. I have never struggled so much with favourites and struggled between Jay, Kellie and Anita.

Which led me to the upset of this week's result because, although I believed the bottom 2 to be correct, the decision made by 3 judges was not the one I would have done and is the cause for a huge uproar by fans across the country.

I was thrilled that the three got through that did straight away because I absolutely love Jay and Kellie (okay I am like the biggest Kevin Clifton fan ever) but I was disappointed that Anita was in the dance off for the first time. 

I immediately knew Katie would do her average waltz and Anita would do that contreversial salsa that I loved and watched a bit too much (due to Gleb himself and that amazing choreography). Now I know they count it just on the dance off or are meant to but I believed that this week should have been an exception.

When it came to the judges telling the audience who they wanted to leave, for once I only actually agreed with Craig. Anita and Gleb are always so daring and is an all around better dancer which raises questions on whether they just wanted an excuse to keep Anton and get him to the final. My view is that Anita was always much better at all the dances and whereas Katie had huge lows (I mean that Charleston this week was awful), Anita has never fallen too far below the mark and has never been in the bottom for a reason. Anita and Gleb were firm fan favourites and I am sorely angry and upset that I am going to miss out on seeing their show dance next week.

I am very upset but I do believe that they could have won it but hey ho! I am just going to enjoy the final and vote for my two favourites!

Please let me know in the comments your views and follow my blog strictlycomesparkle.tumblr.com for up-to-date news and feedback from the final!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE! A New Era?

Hiya Guys, I really hope that this week's blog title is obvious to those of you who understand and will most likely read this post! I am a big WWE fan and, before you say 'oh it's fake', well I do know that but I'd like to also say that Marvel and DC and all those films are also fake. So, these last few weeks made history in WWE by having the Brand Split of RAW and Smackdown and making them both live.  Here is my overview of the Draft last week as well as the first week of the so-called 'new era.' Draft Day I will be honest and say that Draft Day was a huge disappointment in terms of the draft itself and the way it was organised. It seemed extremely lackluster and rushed in comparison to the other years and seemed to be very much focused on the Managers of each of the companies (Stephanie/ Mick Foley and Shane/ Daniel Bryan) instead of the superstars. However, when it comes to the picks itself, I was pleasantly surprised and happy. I think...

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys, Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace. Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few! LETS GOOOO... 1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show...

Book... I PICK YOU!

Hiya guys, The title of this post is pretty self explanatory and I feel like these kind of posts are nice because they don't trick you and give you an insight into my crazy life. It's crazy how in my dads time, it wasn't 'cool' to be interested in books and now, everywhere you look, it seems as if books are becoming so much more mainstream and encouraged. Here are my top 4 books but they are in no order because I could never choose between my babies.           1. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky This is one book I refuse to not have with me so it goes literally everywhere with me from Manchester to London. I think it was because the book had so much meaning and was the first book I felt as if I connected too. Charlie has a bit of everyone in him and it just means that you can relate to his character in some way without you feeling as if your diary is being read by millions. The fact that Chbosky has managed to touch on some reali...