Skip to main content

The Start of Something New

Hiya Guys,

Contrary to the title and my love of Disney, this blog post isn't all about High School Musical (but one day maybe). Today I had my last exam and that officially signals the end of my college life and, even though I am excited for a new start, I thought I'd reminisce on my time and also give some of you lovely people advice if you are starting college.

I never really expected to enjoy college as much as I did because High School was life changing and really brought me out of my shell. However, college really defined who I was as a person and who I want to be in the future. It also helped me grow as a person by giving me my first taste of independence and I met people I hope will stay in my life forever.

I'm not saying that college is the route for everyone because there are so many different options like finding a job or doing an apprenticeship. But, for me, college was something I'd always wanted and knew that it would give me skills to combat the world one day... that's just from the uber hard exams (they say that your A Levels are the hardest thing you'll ever take).

Even though my time at college was amazing, it was tough and set home some realities and I know that many other people suffered with the transition:


  • If you don't know anybody, do not worry! I started off having so many people from my high school but I barely talk to any of them and I have made new amazing friends.
  • Be open to new experiences! This could be in relation to the subjects, extra curricular or when picking friends. It's a new start for a reason and don't be scared to experience something foreign.
  • Don't be afraid to be yourself! We all know that at high school your identity is limited because of your uniform. College lets you be yourself and to blossom as a person. Don't care about the haters because as one smart Taylor Swift sang, 'haters gonna hate, hate, hate'
  • Work hard and play hard. Even though you get independence to do what you want, work hard because these grades are going to be with you for the rest of your lives. However don't push yourself so much that it affects your well being.
  • Finally, if you don't feel right either physically or mentally, tell someone! I know it's a cliche but it might help a little bit.
So, that's it for one chapter in my life. I don't know what the next year will bring but hopefully this blog can expand and I can write on a more regular basis!


That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin