Skip to main content

5 Seconds of Summer ROWYSO Manchester

Hiya Guys,

It's been a while and that is mostly because my A Levels have started and my mind is in full revision mode. But I had a nice day off yesterday and, as usual, my title basically tells you what this post is going to be about.

After a hella' stressful trip which took us (me, mum and sister) an hour to get to the arena, we finally arrived and I got my chill back and some McDonald's. Taking a look at the merch store (which is always my favourite part of the pre-concert ritual) and the horrendous prices, I settled with a programme and queued up to go inside... I was surrounded by two types of girls that night:

  1. Girls of different ages who were dressed like they should've been at prom
  2. People who were dressed in all black or plaid (which I fitted into)
The latter I found easier to look at, I didn't see the point of dressing in such a way because you were there to enjoy yourself not get married. I could go on for ages on this topic but it's not why I'm here! 

So, Hey Violet the support act came on at 8:00 and they really knew how to work a crowd. Their cover of Blank Space was one of the best I'd heard, it kept the essence from Taylor's original but added the rock vibe that we expected. So check them out on their Youtube and Twitter.



Onto the main set from the 5SOS boys! They started with the ever amazing 'End Up Here' and I think, from that moment on, I went from having a heart beating at a thousand miles to my body just being full of adrenaline the whole time.




One of the things I've always loved about them is the fact that they don't take themselves too seriously, like the fact that halfway through Michael started shouting 'Luke Sucks Balls' and Luke tried to defend himself pretty poorly. But then they got all sentimental, especially Calum, who when we started singing Amnesia, he just stopped and listened with a face that could make anyone melt.





I can't really remember any other concert where I have sweat that much, that included concerts at standing venues without air conditioning. They didn't falter on energy which meant I kept up my energy. That surprised me because I suffer from asthma and I can't be as energetic as I used to be. They took away every bad feeling I had and replaced it with happiness and a new found love for live music.





They sang and played amazingly while running around the stage like the lunatics we all fell in love with! Other bands should take notes on how to perform like real pro's!

I couldn't really tell you a highlight but I think my favourite song was Wrapped Around Your Finger, mainly because it really showed Michael's vocals and I felt like I was the only person in that room. If you read my post on McBusted, then you'll know ho important it is that the artist can make me feel special!



I've ended with this picture I took of Ashton because it perfectly defined the show! They wanted us to smile and forget all of our worries for that one night and be the happiest we could be. I know I had the best time and I hope the boys did too!

So, what's the conclusion of this post? Well if you ever doubted 5SOS as a band, please do not judge them until you have seen them live because they really are something!
If you have seen one of their shows, tell me what you thought on my social media sites @Full_Time_Nerd or standingintheredsky.tumblr.com or leave a comment below!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin