Skip to main content

My London Top 5 Attractions

Hiya Guys,

I know it's been a while but I really haven't had anything to write about because I spent the last few weeks on Youtube doing nothing (I know we've all done it). But this week I had the pleasure of leaving dreary Manchester and going to London for 4 nights! It was a week of beautiful weather and there are some things I think you should all do if you ever visit London and my experiences. 

I stayed at a Premier Inn and all I can say is that, for the price, it is an absolutely amazing place t stay that doesn't break your bank. There are loads of locations to choose from and you can choose somewhere that fits in with your itinerary. Also, there is no point taking the car around and if you are staying for 4+ nights. The best thing to do is to buy an Oyster Card and top up everyday because it is cheap and the use of the under and overground is the best way to experience London.

Once you're in London, you need to decide what to do in your limited time period and here is my top 5 (sort of in order) of things to do. (I am not a pro but I have been to London a fair few times):

1. Climbing the O2 Arena
This has to be one of the best things that I have ever done and is not for the faint hearted! For a good price, you get to scale the top of one of the most successful music venues in the world. When I mean scale, I don't just mean climbing up stairs inside to get to the top. Nope! You climb on a strong material in the tes hair to get to the top. I was initially terrified but the adrenaline kicked in and stopped the fear and tiredness from climbing and let me appreciate was I was doing. The guide Nathan really put everyone at ease and gave us his own little tour of London which was a nice touch!

2. Carnaby Street
I love shopping and although London is most famous for Oxford Street, I prefer the quirkiness of Carnaby Street and also how secluded it can be in the evening. It also has some pretty cool shops such as the famous Choccywoccydoodah which has it's own TV show and literally has the most amazing chocolate art I have seen. I also visited the only Drop Dead store in London and it was cool because all of my favourite artists wear them and up North, we don't have the pleasure of a physical store. It also has loads of different places to eat and drink (if you're lucky enough to be 18+) and little stores selling quirky items for your kitchen.


3. The Tower of London
This is probably better for people who love history and don't mind doing a lot of walking. Being an avid historian, I loved walking around all of the different buildings and hearing all the different stories from the different monarchs. I also appreciated seeing all of the jewels and swords from the different monarchs (not to be stereotypical but I'm a sucker for shiny things). The one piece of advice I will give you is that you need at least 3 hours to see it all and it is best to work methodically and have a plan on where you're going.

4. The Globe Theatre
Me and my mate Shakespeare have not always had the best of a relationship (I do English Lang and hated Literature because I read for the fun not to analyse) but I appreciate his work and I knew that I had to visit the world famous theatre... well the third. I say third because this is the third version because of incidents that caused the original and second theatre to be destroyed. If you go, I recommend doing the paid tour because it is literally the most interesting thing. The guides are so quirky and make the history of the theatre fun by involving you as much as possible. The theatre itself is magnificent and you can really imagine being alive during the 1600s and watching a play. If you're lucky, they may be having shows so check the website if you really want to watch a Shakespearean play in an authentic atmosphere.


5. Buckingham Palace
I've visited the palace twice in my life but as I was only 7 the last time I went, I really went in with an open mind. The statue of Queen V. is literally the nicest place to sit if you just want to relax, especially if it's a nice day like it was when I went. Then when you're ready to go inside, take your time and embrace it all because it is a palace and a half! The audio guide they give is good but I felt that it was nicer to just look around and sort of use your own brain and take everything out. It's also only good if you are into that sort of stuff and don't mind looking at a LOT of art!

So that was my comprehensive not-so comprehensive review of what to do in London! Bare in mind that I love history so a lot of it has some sort of educational background.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin