Skip to main content

My Strictly favourites for this year!

Hiya guys,

Hasn't the first few episodes of Strictly been amazing and shocking, in terms of talent and the results (book Tameka leaving). I don't remember a year where so many of the contestants are this talented so early because even Ed Balls isn't as bad as people like John Sargeant or Greg Wallace.

Before I start, special shoutout to Judge Rinder who literally entertains me every week and Claudia who proves that us short people can do whatever we want. So, what does a new series of SCD call for... oh yeah a list of my favourite's who I think have a proper shot of winning the glitterball this year. I am sorry for the size of the list, they're all too good to just pick a few!

LETS GOOOO...

1. Danny Mac and Oti Mabuse
I loved Danny in Hollyoaks so I was mega excited when it came up that he was coming on the show and by God he did not disappoint me. I was also thrilled when he was paired with Oti who is absolutely magnificent but couldn't show her talent last year so these two together are a power team! I know there is a lot of controversy considering he went to a stage school but he did not focus on dance so it can't be used against him! However, he is absolutely amazing and I can't believe his talent in both the latin and ballroom dances - I mean did you see that arm shaping in the Paso! These guys maybe are my absolute favourite in terms of talent, pairing and partnership. I am excited to see what is to come... especially in the jive which is my favourite dance.
2. Greg Rutherford and Natalie Lowe
This was the surprise of the series and, even though I love Greg anyway, I am so happy that he is actually good and not just a bit of a joke. Also, like Oti, I am so glad that Natalie has someone good and with a lot of charisma because I haven't seen Nat able to show of her skills since Scott Maslen *do you remember THAT jive?* I don't know whether his latin will be technically perfect but I know he'll put in his all and he'll put on a show! But I want to note that as soon as Greg was announced, I called that Natalie was going to be his partner so woohoo me.
3. Ore Oduba and Joanne Clifton
I just want to say... WELCOME BACK TO THE MAIN SHOW JOANNE! I think having Ore as a partner has been a great way to bring her back to being a pro and competing because he is just a ray of sunshine! He brings such charisma and sophistication to all of his dances and I can't believe that this is the same guy I used to watch on CBBC all those years ago because I now feel like I'm watching a dancer not presenter. He can do ballroom and he can do latin, what else could I want? Ore's ability to execute dance moves with his own twist put together with Joanne's beautiful choreography really makes for an amazing watch!
4. Will Young and Karen Clifton
Another Clifton on the cards and I feel like this family do nothing but make Strictly amazing! I have been a fan of Will Young since the Pop Idol days but never did I think that he would be as amazing as he is. Although he may not be up to the same standard technically as Danny, his performance skill and genuine dancing ability makes me smile literally every week. He gets into his character whether it's a Bollywood boy or rocker and puts his all into it which just makes it easy to watch. I don't feel like I'm watching Strictly when Will's on, it literally feels like I'm watching a West End Show. I think he is going to go so far and his skills are improving all the time.

So here are my favourites but not forgetting some of my favourite pro's Brendan Cole and Kevin Clifton! This year is exceptional so I can't wait to see what the rest of the series brings.

Who are your favourites or do you know who you want to win?

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin