Skip to main content

Fresher's Replay- Ministry of Sound

Hiya guys,

So it's officially Fresher's week all across the country. For me, last night was my first taste of a proper fresher's event or a London night out because last year was pretty chilled and mainly about getting my bearings. So I have decided to live my second year as my first and I'm going to bore you all with the dets.

Me and my friend decided to get on the QM bus and travel to Ministry of Sound and get a taste of a proper Fresher's night in London. I had high hopes but wasn't feeling the best: 4 hours sleep and eating two chicken burgers *don't worry they were small Birdseye ones* probably wasn't the best way to start a night out.

So we got on the bus and it was hilarious seeing all these first years making awkward chat with the people they literally met the night trying to fill silences. Something I noticed pretty much all night was that, once we told someone we were second years, we weren't topics of interest and it started on the bus.Not that I cared, it was bloody brilliant being able to people watch and sort of remember what we were doing this time last year. *I'd just met my friend Emma who I went with at a freshers even at the Union*

Arriving at MoS, it seemed pretty small from the outside but we were greeted at the front by a painting of Thatcher and Theresa May in a Madonna-esque outfit (something we found funnier than anyone else) so it meant #selfietime #historygeeks.
Getting in, it was loud and smoky and not that full but made me feel so claustrophobic. We spend the first hour walking around and people watching *my skill* and seeing who was on the pull. Me? Well I can always look but I mean the talent wasn't brilliant (if you get me) so it was time to watch newly liberated students have fun with freedom.

Eventually, I started to get hot and flustered so we went outside to a little courtyard. It would've been a brill place to be with seats, heaters and a food van but it was ruined by the huge number of smokers which made the atmosphere muggy and even warmer.

So once I had sorted myself out, we had a rush of people randomly coming to talk to us. I could tell straightaway that when guys came, they were into my friend and, even though it was weird and we just weren't that interested, we spoke to them politely enough *not bitter about third wheeling* But, like I said before, once the words, 'we're second years' came out, people seemed to lose interest in talking to us.

That's mainly how the night played out. I don't know if it's because we're getting old or that it wasn't our scene but we didn't wait for the bus back and took a taxi provided by the venue.

Overall, I'd give the night like a solid 5/10. Maybe it would've been better if I was off my head wasted or had some motive but really it was just to get a feel.

So maybe I am not a Ministry type of girl but the year is young, even though I obviously am not, so I'll keep updating on my new experiences. Hopefully everyone else is having an epic Fresher's and remember: Have Fun!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin