Skip to main content

American Idol Top 5 Performances

Hiya Guys,

I am suffering post-American Idol depression and I sort of feel empty not having a huge number of performances to catch up on... but it means that I haven't got an excuse to procrastinate and can actually get work done. But, I don't want to let go yet and I love procrastinating so I thought, 'Why not do what I do best?' That would be creating lists of my favourite things so let's get onto my top 5 favourite performances from the entire series of American Idol. This was one of the hardest posts to do as there were so many performances that I loved for different reasons.

1. Dalton Rapattoni - Bird Set Free by Sia
Now, I know this may seem bias as I have been a Dalton fan for a year now but this performance was something that I will never forget and don't want to forget. Firstly, Sia did an amazing job with this song and the lyrics of this song are now probably some of my favourite ever lyrics because they have so much meaning and is very relatable. For me, this was the perfect song for Dalton because he has gone through a lot in his life and this song was a way of saying that it's okay to struggle and to keep things inside but you need to release all of that sometimes like a bird and do whatever you want, even if you are not the best at it. I am going to be honest and say that it made me cry and, still to this day, makes me cry every single time I watch it but #noregrets.

2. La'Porsha Renae - No More Drama by Mary J Blige
Who wasn't in complete aaw of this performance due to her sheer courage and self belief. I could put all of La'Porsha's performances on this because her vocal talent is second to none in every song that she sang. But this one probably hit many people in the heart because it emphasised how, even though she went through so much that no one could even imagine, that she had the courage and the desire to move on for her daughter. She never makes a huge spectacle of her past yet somehow, when she sang this song, it felt like I got a flash from her past.

3. Trent Harmon - Chandelier by Sia
I don't want to seem cliche by having only the finalists but they were the ones who constantly gave me performances that made my jaw drop. No exception for our winner Mr Trent Harmon and especially not in this performance. I had always noticed that Trent had one of the best vocal ranges I had ever come across, especially in a man. But this performance really highlighted everything he already naturally had as well as some of the things he had learnt such as stage presence and dynamics. I was so happy when we got to hear it again in the final as I think that he could've easily sang that on a tour and no one would have batted an eyelid on whether it was his song or not.

4. Dalton Rapattoni - Eleanor Rigby
This one was harder to choose as I had other Dalton performances in my mind (God Only Knows and Hopelessly Devoted to You) but I chose this one because I think, stage wise, this was probably his most dynamic performance. The arrangement of it was so different from the original and as Keith said, it completely gave the song a different perspective and showed how intense and deep the song actually is. He sang through his body not just his vocal chords and I almost felt as if I was sat on the stage of a musical or theatrical performance. This was also helped by the string instruments on stage and this added another level to this song. Oh and not to be bias but the outfit was also on point!

5. Mackenzie Bourg - Roses
This one is on here because I was gobsmacked when I heard this performance and then learnt that it was his own song. It was a really soft song and I don't really have much to say in terms of the whole performance but it is on the top 5 just for pure guts for going out and singing his own song and admiration because that song is a pure work of art. This song shows me that whatever route Mackenzie goes into, I will definitely like his stuff because it is so honest and sincere.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin