Skip to main content

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies

It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse...

That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always got loads on my mind - especially trying to get a full time job.

I've always known what I've wanted to do when I was older: I've wanted to write - whether I'm writing an article or blog post like a journalist or writing a story that I want to get published. Most people love to remind me that these are probably two of the hardest industries, I mean how many people get books published or can work full time reporting about the things they love? But, I wouldn't be risking everything and trying to get into these industries if I didn't love it. I've been writing since I can remember!

So, what's the dream for me? I keep getting asked that question and, honestly, it's probably one of the hardest questions I've ever had. I love journalism but I also love writing my stories, like the ones I read now and the ones I read growing up. I've got to think what part of journalism do I want to do - print/ radio/ television. I also love music and wrestling and I would loved my job to be going round and reviewing concerts/ wrestling matches and interviewing wrestlers/ bands. I also love writing my stories and being able to put the ideas in my imagination on a piece of paper for thousands of people to read and get inspired by! Does me not knowing what I want to do mean I'm not passionate? I know it might seem like that, but I think it means the opposite! The fact that I was a full time student AND writing blogs about wrestling and music AND finishing full length stories has to show that I am so passionate... but about all of these things that I love! It's not my fault that I love too many things and I'm the most indecisive person ever!

So, back to the title of this post - what does my future hold? Honestly, I've got no idea at the moment but I guess thats the fun and exciting thing about being 21 and having just graduated, I've got the rest of my life to think about the future. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy life, do what I love and try to get my foot in the door of the industry I love. I'll carry on writing and blogging and listening to music and watching wrestling and drawing and procrastinating because, after so long in education, I think I deserve a bit of me time!

So, like I said last time, who knows what the future holds and, for once, I'm not scared about it *okay I am a little bit* but I just want to live and do all the things I love. It's obvious that I'm going to be stressed but, for one, I'm not dwelling on it and here's to the future!

That's all for now my dears

xx

Also, if you want to support a girl out, follow me on twitter @Full_Time_Nerd and have a read of my blog and my wrestling one wrestling-chatter.blogspot.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introducing me!

Hiya guys,  This is my first ever blog post, I was going to say of the year, but it is actually my first one ever! I think it is necessary to introduce myself to all you beautiful people.  My name is Sonal Lad and I am a below average 18 year old girl from England!  I started this blog because I have always been interesting in writing to a mass audience and I believe that this could be the starting point of trying to get into journalism. I also love the idea of being able to interact with people from all over the world on issues that are dear to my heart!  I think as time goes on, you will get to know me a lot more and hopefully I get to know all of you guys a lot better! That's all for now my dears, See you soon xx

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin