Skip to main content

I met Nathan Sykes? 12/04/15

Hiya guys,

Another week meant another concert for me (this is the last one until June). This time I went to see Nathan Sykes at the Ruby Lounge in Manchester. Many of you may know him as 1/5 of the band The Wanted, and this was his first tour since going solo.

I got there at 12:00 and met a girl at the venue whom I met online who introduced me to some of her friends she had met. It's weird how fast 7 hours go when you make friends. At every other gig he went out before and we started to worry when he didn't come out but it meant that I could chill near his tour bus with one of the girls I had met and spoke about TW things that I hadn't spoken about for some time. 

I was excited getting inside because I was on the 2nd-ish row from the stage. I was next to two lovely girls from Liverpool and they were very helpful in relation to my height issue (being 18 and 5ft 1 never works), they made space to get me as close to the front as I could. Jerry, the support act, was such an amazing singer and captured everyday life of a girl in sweet and calm songs. 

Nathan came on at 8:00, starting with a new song 'Twist.' It really got me excited for his new album and I felt myself getting into the music more than I could've ever imagined. I swayed and sang and as if Nathan and I were the only two people in the room.

Nathan singing at the Ruby Lounge

 As I said with McBusted, it is the ability to make a person feel alone in a room full of people that makes you an amazing artist. I was confused because Nathan said he hadn't been able to speak an hour earlier, but his voice was so strong and it seemed faultless and effortless. I also loved his song 'Over and Over Again' where he played the keyboard, I was close to tears but in a good way. All his lyrics meant something to him and to me in some way. With 'Rolling in the Deep' by Adele and 'More Than You'll Ever Know' there were songs we knew and with the latter, a song to get down and seductive with (it's a sexy song). The hour and a bit passed in a flash but it was a nice flash.



At 9:45 the entire concert fell out happily and stumbled to the back to meet Nathan. We had waited and we were unsure whether Nathan could meet all of us but he didn't disappoint and not only did he take pictures with us, he held a conversation with every single one of us- me included. When I walked up to him my heart wasn't beating fast because it was almost unreal, it still is and when he saw me he was the sweetest human being around. He said and I got my photo, but bless him even though his voice was going he spoke to me normally. He made sure that I was getting home safely and we spoke about driving and I hugged him and I know it may seem over-rated but it really made a tough year seem brighter.


I would definitely recommend anyone to see this boy live and no just because I am a huge Nathan/ TW fan but because I am a huge music fan and he is the epitome of talent. Thank you Nathan Sykes for an amazing night and for being such a gentleman when meeting every single one of us. Thank you to the 5 girls I met and hung out with all day and was there when I met Nathan...

To see all my fan girl moments follow me on Twitter @Full_Time_Nerd

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin