Skip to main content

Will Jay is an angel!

Hiya guys,

Time for me to introduce you to yet another artist that I am loving at the moment and literally listen to on a near hourly basis. Will Jay Behlendorf is a 19 year old singer/ songwriter from LA who used to be in the boyband IM5 but has been a solo artist for longer than a year.
Isn't he adorable?

I don't even know where to start with the masterpiece that is Will Jay so I guess I will say a bit about him and his personality then I will go onto his music and list some of the standout aspects of his musical talents and then link you to some of my favourite videos of him. 

Will is the sweetest person ever and is a combination of being slightly geeky, very talented and such a gentleman. When he was part of IM5, he was ever so shy and introverted but when he was comfortable with an interviewer, such as Ava from On The Spot Interviews, he really burst out of his bubble and he would come out with some of the best one liners I have ever heard. He is the kind of person that you would marry at a heartbeat because he is a guy that any girl would dream about.

Musically, I don't think I can categorise Will into any one genre because he has shown that he can sing and dance to pretty much everything and anything that has a melody too it. With his talent of identifying perfect pitch and knowing what he can contribute to the music industry means that he doesn't ever lose himself and is a true artist.

I personally love his song writing skills and the way he takes an amazing melody and puts such heartfelt lyrics to them that are catchy and meaningful. From Superman (of which he wrote with Dalton Rapattoni) and Heartless that he wrote for IM5 to some of his own songs such as Watercolours and Carnival, it almost seems crazy that someone this young can write songs like this with such ease and flow. 

What also makes him stand out is the ability to take a variety of songs from the same or different artists and put them into a mashup that flows so well that it sounds as if it should be one song alone. It is so hard to put songs together that are of different genre's and tempos yet keep the essence of each song and adapt them to each other. I think it is an ability like this that separates the singers from the musicians and Will Jay is definitely one of those few musicians.

So here are a few links that I think you should watch:

Bruno Mars Mashup (performed by IM5, arranged by Will Jay) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KH-9qOePk4
Fill in the Blanks (original) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCVEpU_xM_s
All I Ask/ Let it Go Mashup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9goWk3vqUnU

Remember to subscribe and follow him on Twitter: @willjaymusic

Also, Will Jay if you read this, you are absolutely stunning and I really hope that one day you'll come to the UK and I can see you live because you are magnificent.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin