Skip to main content

My Magical Floridian Holiday

Hi Guys,

I've been quiet for a few weeks and there's been a reason for that, I was lucky enough to be able to jet off to Orlando in Florida with my family for two weeks for a fortnight of magic and fun. I just got back yesterday and I don't think I'm ready to give up that feeling. This means that the next few posts on this blog are going to be based on my holiday. This post is just a quick look back because the holiday was filled through so much that I couldn't even think about writing about it in one post.

I had high expectations for this trip because it's been about 8 years since I'd last been and my love for Disney has just grown. There were some major differences from the last time I went. The biggest thing was that we stayed at a Aparthotel last time whereas, this time, we stayed at Disney's All Star Music Resort. Even though it's one of the cheaper options, it didn't make the trip any less magical and made life much easier but I'll talk about that on another post! The staff there were friendly and welcoming and I suddenly felt all tingly inside from the moment I stepped off the Disney shuttle from Orlando International Airport at 5pm. 
The biggest thing that hit me when I left the airport was the heat. Even though there were a few days of rain (like last time, it was at Universal), it was above 30 degrees or 86 fahrenheit so I was sweating, or glowing, for two weeks and basically living in shorts. I think the weather made the holiday even better because I felt like I was in a different world when the sun was hitting the Disney Castle in Magic Kingdom or I was waiting for a parade with my fringe stuck to my forehead. 

My highlight was always going to be Magic Kingdom because it is the OG Disney Park and has everything from Princesses (Fantasy Land) to Tech (Tomorrow Land) to Adventure (Frontier and Adventure Land) - so basically something for everyone. Yet Hollywood Studios had some of the best shows, Animal Kingdom had thrills and Epcot took me on a one day trip around the world. Each day, when I got to a park, it felt like the first time and that I was seeing everything through new eyes. 
We barely had any rest days because I had so much that I wanted to and I was running around the parks like a 5 year old with a sense of hope and belief in my cynical ol' heart. I was singing along to the songs playing around the resorts, I was waiting in queues with excitement and I suddenly remembered what it was like to be young, carefree and innocent. Each park was so unique that I could describe each one in detail without worrying about mixing anything up. 

However, Universal disappointed me more than last time and I think it may have been because of the high standards Disney had given me. Don't get me wrong, there were some amazing parts but overall it wasn't up to par with the Disney Parks. The main reason for this trip was so that I could see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and at least that didn't disappoint me. It was like I had been transported to Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley and, as a massive Potterhead, I was in heaven. I was running in and out of shops with my eyes wide open and my hands full of bags (sorry bank account). So, I guess I did enjoy my time at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and Volcano Bay but it wasn't Disney! 
Overall, I bought a lot, sang a lot and walked a lot so by the time I was back on the coach heading to the hotel, I really started to feel disconnected to the world. Even today, a few days later, I still feel like I'm in this Disney bubble and that I'll be back in a few days - which I know isn't true. So, take it from a 20 year old, you are never the wrong age for a trip to Orlando and it's a holiday that will change your life and make memories to last a lifetime.

Why don't you stay updated with this blog because the magic of Orlando isn't going away. I hope you enjoyed this post and that you'll enjoy what's coming because I'm looking forward to writing about my trip one memory at a time.

That's all for now my dears,

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin