Skip to main content

Strictly Finished... For the Year at Least

Hiya guys,

What an end to an amazing series of Strictly and wasn't that an amazing ending with a brilliant winner!

It's been a long series full of highs, lows and quite a bit of controversy (that I don't want to dwell on because it's meant to be a happy and nostalgic post). There will be a different post on my favourite performances from the series but, based on the final itself, most of the performances could probably have made the top 5 because it was full of spectacular dances from start to finish.

I have to start by congratulating the winner's Ore and Joanne because they deserved to win more than most people and epitomises what Strictly is - he started with zero dance training and has literally gone from strength to strength in all styles of dance with the help of Joanne! The two of thaem have this perfect relationship and it shows in their dancing because you can see that they genuinely get on with each other and love learning to dance together. They have produced some of the most emotional and heartfelt dances as well as the most infectious and fun ones too - I couldn't have asked for a better pair to win.
I am so glad that the show let them all perform the three dances because it meant that they all got an equal chance and, although they weren't all perfect, it made the night new, fresh and nostalgic *a nice contrast of adjectives*

Round One - Judges Pick
I really like this round because we literally get to see the progress each of the celebs has made as the judges normally pick a dance from much earlier on in the series. 

Ore started with his amazing Gene Kelly inspired American Smooth, I remember falling in love with this dance because of Ore's coolness and it was the performance that I think most people fell in love with. You could see a great improvement in his top line yet it didn't affect his amazing charisma and personality.

I think Louise probably got the hardest dance to re-do as it was pure latin and we know that is not her strength in anyway. You could see that she was enjoying this dance much more the second time and, although it was not as technically good as the others, it was a big improvement for a latin dance that was so technically hard anyway.

Danny was definitely out of his comfort zone like Louise because he was always stronger in latin. He seemed a lot more confident in hold with Oti and, like Ore, didn't let the technique get in the way of his acting shining through! It was suave and sophisticated and gave me a sense of ease as I watched him glide across the floor
Round Two - Showdance
This is definitely the round that everyone waits the whole series to see - I was upset to not see Claudia and AJ's but it didn't disappoint me like last years... yes Aliona was lazy in her showdance choreography.

I think the winner of this round had to be Ore's dance because it combined brilliant music and amazing choreography from Joanne. I love the old style dances and Joanne choreographed it brilliantly by having aspects of charleston and quickstep but the best part *most creative* was the section on the light up drums because it would have been so hard to dance that without falling off.

Kevin's dance was perfectly choreographed for Louise and he definitely played to her strengths because she is definitely better at the slower and more emotive styles of dances. I really loved the story of her journey and it showed off a different side to Louise, maybe because Kevin wasn't making her fall in love with him. It was a beautiful production and Louise danced it beautifully.

Danny's showdance was not what I expected from his as I thought he'd have something more upbeat but I absolutely loved it. It was steamy and full of passion and it also had an amazing concept with the mirror and the whole mirror image section at the start. I almost felt as if I was watching a film because it was like a mini love story!
Round Three - Celeb's Choice
This round is always exciting because you always have your favourite dance and can't wait to see which one they have chosen because they are normally the most dynamic!

I thanked the lord that Ore picked his jive *no digs at Jay but come on* and it was EVEN BETTER than the first time and still one of my all time favourite jives. It was slick and controlled and was so sharp and precise that I wanted to jump into my TV and join them. It had amazing choreography and the two of them worked perfectly together and looked damn cool!

Kevin is the king of the Argentine Tango and it was probably one of Louise's best dances because she showed me her passion, showed me her talent and showed me her perseverance. It was nice to see her in this element and it was such a nice story so I was glad that they picked this dance.

Danny picked that samba and we can all agree that it was probably one of the highlights of the entire series and maybe all the series. It was another dance that I just wanted to get massively involved with because it was so infectious and fun with the music and choreography. Like Len said, it was even more than perfection and I was so happy to see this again!
 The pros and celebrities worked even harder than before and put in some crazy and mental hours that showed in the calibre of the dances. However, can we also show appreciation to the pros who didn't get a celeb, Chloe and Ginger Neil were vital parts of the show too *and who can forget the amazing Jones's pro challenge* It seems as if the pro's are even better and it really helps me enjoy the series even more! Who knows, maybe I'll get uber famous in like 6 months so I can go on Strictly or... *please take notes Strictly if you're watching* can you let a normal person take a spot... *ehem me*

 So, overall it was probably one of the best series ever and I can't wait to see what next series brings! So let me know in the comments what you're favourite moments of this year were in the comments and follow my tumblr blogs to keep up to date with all things Strictly.

Strictly Blog: Strictlycomesparkle.tumblr.com
Kevin Clifton Blog: kevin-clifton.tumblr.com
AJ Pritchard Blog: aj-pritchard.tumblr.com

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin