Skip to main content

Come on WWE...!

Hiya guys,

2016 was an odd year for WWE. With the draft being reintroduced, getting rid of the Diva's title and the debut of the phenomenal one, 2016 was a mixed bag of good changes and some just crap storylines and matches *cough cough Brock* but I have high hopes for 2017, even though a lot of other wrestling fans may me sceptical.

2017 has been a brilliant start for Smackdown which I believe is the show to watch with amazing talent like AJ Styles and a variety of different match set ups. Most of the superstars are getting an opportunity in some way, Dolph Ziggler finally turning heel, Heath Slater as Tag Team champion and some of the most popping matches that have been seen in a while, RAW has a lot to catch up with. They have repeated storylines, repeated matches and sometimes three hours can't finish quickly enough.

But, with the introduction of the Cruiserweight Classic, the United Kingdom's Championship and the growth of NXT, there is so much potential in all brands including 205 live. So, here are 5 things that I hope happen in 2017 in WWE:

1. The 4 Horsewomen aren't the only one's in the spotlight
I think this has been one of the most controversial aspects of WWE this year and before I start, I want to reinforce that I'm not disrespecting the Superstars themselves but those booking all of the matches. It seems as if anyone who wants to succeed nowadays has to have been in the newly developed NXT, for example: Kevin Owens, Becky Lynch, Alexa Bliss, American Alpha, and the other superstars are being left behind. In the case of RAW, the women's divisions hurts so much because we've just seen the title to and fro from Charlotte and Sasha, and the matches that have been emphasised are the ones between those two, and now Bayley. It also seems as if the NXT women are getting to be history makers in Iron man matches, main eventers but they are leaving the old stars with little to no TV time. These women are going on about the revolution but what about the stars who had to live through the Diva period and the sexism such as the bra's and panties match - they arrived at a time where Women's wrestling is at the top of its game. Give someone else a shot who has worked as hard but has had to claw there way to the top!

Naomi/ Alicia for Women's Champion
So I've put this in and I guess it's the only really specific one on the list but follows nicely from the first point. I think Naomi is definitely the most athletic female athlete and sometimes, I think that her athleticism rivals that of the male stars. She has done everything that WWE has asked from turning Heel to being a cheerleader yet 100% to every role. Now, I think her new 'Feel the Glow' gimmick is perfect for her and I think that she's improved so much. Alicia is the veteran of the women's division and has worked her arse off with only a short title run as Diva's Champion to show for it. Like Naomi, she has also been evolved by being part of Team Bella, this run in the Cruiserweights and her irrelevant feud with Nia- so come on WWE, give them the opportunity to be the face of Smackdown/ RAW and to have a decent run as the Women's Champion. 

3. The Cruiserweights finally get the support and reactions they deserve
Everyone was loving the idea of the Cruiserweight Division when it first debuted and there seemed to be some amazing talent and an opportunity for amazing storylines and matches. However, the initial pop seems to have majorly died down and the crowd seems almost uninterested in anything the Cruiserweights have to offer from their slots on RAW to 205 live. Hopefully, with the debut of Neville and the introduction of more of the stars from the initial show, the division can actually shine and gain the recognition it deserves because some of the matches are pure class and the maneuvers are second to none. It should also try to improve some of these storylines because they aren't as good as they could be and the Noam/ Cedric feud with Alicia is a step back from all 3 superstars.

4. Part Timers aren't given Main Event matches in PPV
The frustration I had at SummerSlam and Survivor Series when Brock Lesnar main evented both, once with Randy Orton and the other with Goldberg., was crazy. It annoyed me how some amazing matches were overlooked just so that these part timers *excluding Orton* could have a match that WWE spent months advertising. It's one of the things that irks me, that and bringing back old or enhancement talent when each roster has an amazing array of superstars to choose from. During Survivor Series, the main event was massively disappointing with Goldberg defeating Lesnar in less than two minutes. Why keep doing this? Why not use the best of your talent and let stars main event who don't go to all the live events and aren't working 24/7? 

5. BRING BACK THE SHIELD!
There's been rumours about this and some instances where the three of them got back together together, and more recently Rollins and Reigns are tag teaming much more, so I think it's pretty much an inevitable thing to happen. There'll be a lot of people firmly against it but I think that all three of these superstars need something big to push them back to the top and get them back in fan's good books. Dean's probably doing the best of the three,but he's still being subject to stupid storylines and fan backlash whenever he wins a title. Seth's been pretty lackluster in storylines/ matches and has been pushed as a poor babyface and Roman...well Roman is as hated as ever! I think that the three of them back together would rejuvenate all of their careers and bring back one of the most formidable tag teams there has been.

So that's what I hope that WWE can bring to the tables because, even though there have been some shit stuff happening, there is always a small glimmer of a proper entertainment show that really can take over. Hopefully creative can get their heads out of their arses and book some amazing matgches with great storylines.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin