Skip to main content

Strictly Top 5 Dances - Latin

Hiya Guys,

So I mentioned in the last post that I was going to do a separate post for latin dances - I think that shows the standard of this years show because I couldn't just pick 5 from the entire series.

So welcome to Sonal's Top Strictly Latin Dances of 2016:

Danny and Oti - Samba
I mean you can't mention the samba that is the only one in history to get a full 40. From the opening beats, I literally could not take my eyes off the two of them the entire routine and most of you probably felt the same way. From the amazing music to the fitting concept, it was the best thing that Oti could have given to Danny. He did what every samba needs and just let go of all of his inhibitions and just went 110% into the dance. I can;'t just talk about his energy without mentioning the precision of the more technical elements like my favourite samba rolls and not to mention those hips. I am never a fan of samba's but this one I can watch again and again without ever getting bored because I just want to copy them.


Judge Rinder and Oksana - Salsa
I know this dance may have not been technically perfect but it was one of the dances that made me smile from ear to ear from start to end. I loved seeing Judge Rinder give everything he could to this dance to make Oksana proud and he really stood out amongst all of the pros *big up to Neil Jones* and gave us the Robert flair. It was rhythmical, camp and infectious but what else could I want from a salsa... well except them dancing to a SPICE GIRLS SONG! I mean as much as the judges made small niggles, I thought that it was quite good technically and had a nice amount of hip action and the lifts were stunning. I think that Judge Rinder was one of the most improved apart from Ore.


Greg Rutherford and Natalie Lowe - Rumba
This was probably one of the most controversial dances in terms of choreography and amount of content but I personally loved it considering I am not a rumba fan. I loved what Natalie did with it and how she played to his strengths with his masculinity and emotion which made a beautiful dance because the two of them had such perfect chemistry. I understand Len but Nat worked with the speed of the music and choreographed it the way her heart led to make it something that she knew the audience would love. I thought it contained enough rumba content and maybe I was more on Craig's side with loving the modernity of the dance as well as Greg's interpretation. It might have been a marmite dance for those traditional ballroom lovers but I thought it was beautiful and emotional and I wouldn't have asked for anything more.


Ed and Katya - Salsa
I don't think I could do a top five without mentioning the man that is Balls! He gave me so much enjoyment this series and for once, I didn't want to see a less able act be kicked off because he tried his hardest every week and Katya gave him proper choreography which is rare. I think this salsa to Gangnam Style is probably one of the most iconic dances ever and it combined some basic salsa content and a whole lot of fun. I like how Katya stayed true to the dance itself without it getting too overshadowed by the concept. It may have lacked ehem technical speciality but it was a whole lot of fun and Ed soon became my guilty pleasure!


Ore and Joanna - Jive
Well, I included the world famous samba so I cannot miss out the best jive I have seen since Scott and Natalie's all those years ago. I think it perfectly summed up Ore as a person as well as his partnership with the amazing Joanne. The dance was slick and smooth as well as being as cool as ice but it was also fun and energetic which showed the two of them working perfectly in sync all the way through. I liked how sharp and precise the entire thing was from the kicks and flicks to those small little details that made it special in every single way. Joanne really got a chance to shine this year and gave Ore literally everything in her books to make sure that he shone.


So that's the end of my top 5 for Ballroom and Latin dances. I hope you enjoyed reading them and re-watching all of the performances! Let me know which were your favourite dances in the comments below or send me them on my Twitter @Full_Time_Nerd.

Also, follow my Tumblr strictlycomesparkle.tumblr.com and let me know your comments there too!
Also, follow my other Strictly blogs kevin-clifton.tumblr.com and aj-pritchard.tumblr.com

So for know...
Keep Dancing!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin