Skip to main content

Strictly Top 5 - Claudia and AJ

Hiya guys,

The Strictly tour has been over for a while but my brain hasn't wrapped itself around the fact that I have to wait until September for it too start again. But, these Strictly posts are going to keep coming until I've maybe done one for every bit of Strictly possible.

If you follow me on any of my social media, or have followed my last few posts, you'll know that Claudia Fragapane and AJ Pritchard were one of my favourite couples in the show and I was gutted that they didn't make it to the final. It wasn't just because they were amazing together and danced amazingly, I think it helped that they are pretty similar age as me (Claudia is 19, I'm 20 and AJ is 22) so I liked seeing some younger people dancing!

I know that I put some of their dances in my other top 5's, but I'm going to do one anyway because most of their dances were phenomenal .

1. Jive to Hey Mickey
If only there hadn't been that little slip up near the beginning - it would have been amazing for them to get a full 40, especially in Blackpool. Even with that slight hiccup, the dance was so amazing that, at some times, I couldn't even tell that Claudia wasn't a pro. It was full of high energy from the start to the end and the whole concept was perfect for our lil' pocket rockets. AJ was cheeky as usual and Claudia domineered that stage like she owned it - also her kicks and flicks were some of the sharpest I've seen from a celebrity.

2. American Smooth to Black Magic
This dance was probably the turning point for Claudia and AJ and was when people actually took notice of the two of them. The song was very different compared to the other dances on Halloween and I guess its because there was no real 'gimmick' and it was just some amazing dancing with a nice theme around it. Claudia's footwork was pretty much perfection in this dance and I would've even given it a much higher score because it was light, fun and technical. The characterisation was also nice and subtle but added a little bit extra to the dance as a whole as you saw a true fairytale being played out from start to end.

3. Viennese Waltz to Breakaway
I know that I put this in my post about my favourite ballroom dances from this series but this really was such a stand out dance for me and it really showed everyone how talented Claudia really was. The emotion that her and AJ put into this dance was magical and entrancing that I actually felt like I was watching a romantic movie! As well as being beautiful in terms of acting, the technique was second to none as she kept this beautiful frame and executed the much loved fleckles pretty much flawlessly. The chemistry between the two was so believable and I think AJ choreographed an amazing dance to amazing music.

4. Argentine Tango to Cry Me a River
As well as dancing to one of my favourite songs (I mean who doesn't love a bit of JT), I think this song was another one of those turning points for Claudia. This dance was everything you want in an Argentine Tango. I mean it was dynamic, sultry, technical and executed with such precision that it looked like two professionals. This dance needed so much passion and acting and you saw that in Claudia's face as she moved around that dancefloor with such purpose. The chemistry between the two of them was electric in this dance and you could see that tension that I love seeing in this kind of dance. Also, like I said before, it was technically superb with the sharp kicks and flicks and fab lines - it was very different for the usually adorable duo but I loved it.

5. Quickstep to When You're Smiling
I was sad that this was the last dance but I was so glad that they went out on a high note (and one of my favourite dances.) I think this was one of their best dances they did and it was so different to the argentine tango I wrote about before. It was really youthful and energetic and AJ put everything that I love from a quickstep into it. It was adorable yet classic Hollywood and the two of them jetted across the dancefloor with such speed and ease that it looked like they were gliding across the floor. I have to give a special mention to Claudia's outfit here because it was so different but was perfect for her frame and stature (as a fellow shorty, I know how hard that is to find). It was the perfect way to end an amazing series for them.

So let's hope that Claudia continues to dance, even if it is in between gymnastics training. Also, double fingers crossed, that AJ comes back next year and has another amazing partner that he can transform into an amazing dancer. (Note to BBC: like I've said before, I know I'm not a celeb but I'd be perfect for the show)

I wonder if one of your favourite dances was listed! It was so hard to choose! 

Hopefully this isn't my last SCD post until the next series so until then, Keep Dancing!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin