Skip to main content

WWE Cruiserweight Live Opinion - Dear Crowds...

Hiya guys,

This post is way too negative for my own liking but, after my exam this morning, I was almost brought to tears while I was watching WWE RAW from last night. I needed somewhere to air my grievances and tonight I'm having a go at the crowd, not Creative or the superstars.

I was enjoying last nights show and, as usual, I was way too excited for the Cruiserweights match. The whole Monday night show is just me waiting for some of the Cruiserweights to come on and put those superstars to shame with their ability and technique. Well, you can imagine how upset I was when 4 of my favourite stars, Neville/ TJP v Austin Aries/ Jack Gallagher) on the ENTIRE roster had a tag team match. Wait, no... I wasn't upset that they came on, I was upset about the crowd's reaction. Those chants of 'This is boring,' and how the crowd wanted a refund really made me feel sick. Okay, you may not connect to these stars as much as the ones that you've watched for years but these guys are veterans in their own right. So tell me what's boring about that? Getting to even see them should be a blessing.

So, why do I love the Cruiserweight Division so much? 

It's the sheer talent of these guys. Being a smaller girl myself, it's amazing to see stars who may not as big as the main roster guys but can still do these high intensity manoevers. What about those high flying moves from the top rope? I have never seen something as beautiful as Mustafa Ali's 450 Splash or Standing Spanish Fly and Jack G going all Mary Poppins on our arse. What about those technical submissions that show the sheer precision of the stars? TJ's TJP Clutch or Brian Kendrick's Captain's Hook are a thing of glory.


Each match is something different and we don't see the same guys winning or the same moves on the same people. TJ Perkins once said that 'Good wrestlers prepare, great ones adapt.' I think that perfectly sums up the Cruiserweights because each star has to change their style depending on their opponent. 

I don't even want to get started about the stars themselves and the characters they portray. We have:
- A King who was overlooked by the WWE Universe (Neville)
- A Gentleman with his good ol' umbrella William III (Jack Gallagher)
- A gaming geek who =is now a bad ass (TJP)
- A wizard breaking stereotypes (Mustafa Ali)
- The Premier Athlete with ABS (Tony Nese
- A Man with a Plan... and amazing ring gear (The Brian Kendrick)
It's such a diverse roster with no two superstars even remotely similar and there's a star for everyone!


So tell me again why these guys are disrespected so much? They put their hearts and bodies on the line to entertain us and all you do is complain - you don't deserve their talent. I really hope it gets better because they deserve better. Please, I know you have your opinions on 205 Live but be respectful because its a decent thing to do.

Sorry for this rant but, as soon as I saw the show, I couldn't be quiet anymore because it's been going on for too long.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin