Skip to main content

I Hate My Life... Well I don't Hate this song

Hiya guys,

I am actually sticking to Music Friday this week even though I have an essay because something extremely exciting happened yesterday. My babes Beside the Bridge (who I wrote about a few weeks ago) released their second single and video after 2 years called I Hate My Life. Naturally I wanted to write about it being the person I am.


The intro of the song automatically made me think of the 1975! Now that is not a bad thing because it really gave me a vibe to start bopping my head. The whole ambiance and lighting of the video is pretty much perfect.

Now I wont lie, when I heard the title of the song, I assumed it was going to be one of those tacky pop songs complaining (a bit like Hate Your Guts by McBusted which I love btw.) Luckily I was treated to a beautiful melody with lyrics that are awesome. I love the little niggly things like the stuff we hate combined with those lyrics that indirectly talk about love but not in that soppy way that most artists use.

For me the tune and the way that the melody blends with the drum and bass beat is literally the most amazing thing ever and it is so sweet and soothing to my ears. Even though it isn't as hard as Weigh You Down, it still holds that rawness and the ability to capture your attention and retain it for the entire song.

I won't lie but it made me emotional, not because it is a sad song but because it draws me in so much and I became drawn to everything about it. I want to commend the boys on the song itself because I waited for so long for it and it didn't disappoint me.

Onto the video, I love the simplicity of it because even with just the instruments and the lighting, it hits you like a ton of bricks and is so bloody effective. There were no gimicks just the boys showing off their musical talents as well as the passion they have for their art! I wish more artists would work their way up and appreciate every single second as well as their fans. 

So to conclude, I definitely recommend it. Not because I am bias but I acted as if I didnt know the boys and listened to it from an outside perspective. I want to congratulate the boys and tell them that they can continue what they are doing because it is amazing.

They know I love them and the music (mainly because I was tweeting Rasmus up to the lead up) and they do inspire me as an amateur musician and music lover. 

To see my reactions and artwork and... ehem if you want to follow me, check out @Full_Time_Nerd on Twitter and on Tumblr check out http://besidethebridgeuk.tumblr.com/ for updsates.

Once again boys, if you're reading this, thank you so much for being a rock and making me smile.

#So let me know in the comments what you all think

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon



xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin