Skip to main content

Music Friday - Beside the Bridge

Hiya guys,

Looks like I might actually be managing to stick to doing 'Music Friday' and this week is something I have been wanting to do for a while! (I also have a new twitter dedicated to this blog so follow @mymadworld96 as well as my personal @Full_Time_Nerd).

About a year ago, I was doing my usual 'let's spend 5 hours on Youtube' and I stumbled upon a Swedish band called Beside the Bridge who did a cover of 5 Seconds of Summer's English Love Affair. Fast forward 12 months later and they have become one of my favourite band's and, although I wanted to keep them my little secret, I decided that they are too talented to not show to the world (and my small number of readers). Funny thing is that I am watching them as I write this.


Beside the Bridge is a Rock Band (Listen to Weigh You Down) from Balsta, Sweden and consists of Charlie Karlgren, Joel Chew, Ludvig Algovik, Niklas Wistrand and Rasmus Blomquist. They are friends before band mates and I love how close they are and how they show us the love they have through instagrams, covers and the much loved Periscopes.


I know that most people concentrate on a bands physical appearance, but I won't (even though they are all very good looking, I won't lie).

What's amazing about BTB, musically, is the way that the 5 different people and personalities shine within the covers and how everyone has their own part in the band in a huge way. Joel is stunning on lead vocals but, combined with Ludvig's harmony, it really brings the emotion of the lyrics to life. With two different guitarists, it makes an even richer sound and they don't stick to 'let's leave the bassist alone' because Niklas is such a talented musician and who doesn't love a good bass rift (see their cover of Can't Feel my Face). 

They also know how to use he different music genre's to attract different audiences. I got pulled in by some 5SOS and stayed for the punk All Time Low and Sleeping With Sirens. Others can get drawn in through the pop music like Elyar Fox and The Vamps. That doesn't mean that they lose their hard rock roots but they are adapting to the dog eat dog music world and appeal to everyone. 


I guess what I love the most is their dedication to the fans and the number of interactions. Looking at my notifications on Twitter, most of them are from the band (you know me boys @Full_Time_nerd - I think they're probably sick of seeing my name). They put covers up when they say, they do periscopes and they treat us like friends no matter where we are in the world. I find myself smiling on a bad day when they tweet me or just generally and when they actually give a shit if you have a horrible day. *Shout out to Niklas for making my birthday actually good*

So that's it for, I think, my first proper Music Friday where I have enjoyed spilling my heart out on a band I couldn't imagine my life without. I hope the boys read this because I want to thank them with my heart. I hopefully will get an interview from them one day *hint hint* to put on this blog but for now I am going to leave you readers with all their links and give them a try!

Also watch out on 26th November for their newest single I Hate my Life.


Twitters:


That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin