Skip to main content

Lawson at Manchester Sound Control

Hiya Guys,

So it's Music Friday (I really need to think of a catchier name) and this week's is another concert review and this time for Lawson. I went to see them last night at Sound Control with my mum and, even though I've seen them live 3 time this year, it felt like the first time. I will be honest and say there aren't any photos because I went to enjoy it and listen to the music.

The venue was extremely small but I always prefer it that way and it was also nice and spread out. I guess that because the audience is older, there was no over excitement which meant no pushing or chance of injury. I got a nice place near the sound station near the metal barriers (which were great to stand on as I'm basically a midget) and this let me enjoy the show so much more.

We were treated to 2 support acts. The first was chosen by the fans and were 3 brothers in a band called Frontiers. I really liked the whole family aspect and they had amazing voices so check them out on their social media. Next was Pete Gardiner who I believe has done all of the shows and his country flare really got the crowd going (including my mum). I love when support acts are so genuine but we all knew why we were there.

When Lawson came on, the room went electric and I could feel my heart racing again. They all looked extremely rugged  (yes even Joel Peat with those luscious locks) and handsome and I think I fangirled a little too hard on my barrier.
So they started with When She Was Mine and this basically set the tone for the concert. It was a mix of old stuff of Chapman Square and a lot of new stuff from the new album which I heard on the last tour in March, My favourite of the old stuff had to be Make It Happen because the guitar riffs and the intro always remind of some great times in high school. My favourite new one was definitely Under The Sun because of the upbeat feel and it's so easy to sing and jump along too.


They also structured the show brilliantly. Starting with all 4 boys, then going into just Joel and Andy, then just Andy and back to the 4 boys (I feel weird because I think I should be calling them men even though they still seem like my boys). The change in dynamics kept the show vibrant and fresh as well as giving it different dimensions. What people may not know unless they've seen the boys as many times as I have is how amazing they are as performers as well as musicians. I love watching Joel Peat to see his different guitar faces and now his added hair flicks, Andy's struts across the stage, Ryan's back bends when he is getting into his bass rifts and little Adam banging them drums with such passion.

I also enjoyed the little bromance moments including Jandy whispering in each others ears and some hand holding before their cover of Jess Glyne's Hold My Hand. Each show I go to, even though the songs are similar, are never identical and never make me feel as if I've watched the same show twice.

I managed to nab the running list of the night and I got too excited for my own good haha!
So Lawson, 5 years later and you never cease to amaze me! Well done for an amazing concert and I'll just say, 'until the next time!' (Also if Lawson reads this, follow me on twitter @Full_Time_Nerd bc you know I love you)

Also hopefully Joel meant me when he tweeted that he saw familiar faces because I believe seeing them live 6 times and meeting them twice qualifies me for superfan!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon



xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin