Skip to main content

Lawson from my Perspective

Hiya guys,

These last few weeks have been so stressful for me so I had a great break last night as I made my way to O2 Islington to watch Lawson on their one off show with their new album Perspective *do you get the title pun now?* The venue was small and compact but larger than life in terms of height and acoustics. I was worried I would be near the back because there was the VIP and O2 priority queue that got in before us. However, I didn't have to worry because I somehow managed to get right near the front behind some of the VIP (imagine 2 rows behind the barrier) and my height was happy.

John Buckley was the first support act and he was utterly talented. He said that this was his first performance on such a big scale but it really didn't show because he was confident and really knew what to do to get a crowd going. His voice is very special but it's his song writing skills that amazed me because they sounded so professional and meaningful as he sang with his guitar. Being that talented at his age will do him a world of good because he can only get even better.
If you read my last Lawson tour post, you'll remember that Manchester chose the band Frontiers to be the support act well lone behold they were back as the second support act! I knew from the moment they stepped on stage that I recognised them but it was only when I spoke to my mum that I was reminded who they were. They were as talented as the first time and really had such a stage presence from their music to the cheekiness between songs and the fact that they were brothers really helped the on-stage chemistry. I also met them on the way out as I had got their guitar pick and they happily signed it so I can guarantee that they are such nice guys and VERY good huggers.
Lawson are my favourite band and the fact that last night had a setlist that had pretty much all their songs from Perspective and all of their singles has made a girl warm and happy inside. This show was probably the best show I've been too because you could tell that they were so passionate about what they were doing and they wanted to do something for us fans. Because of this, the setlist was longer than ever before so I don't think it'll do it justice writing a song by song guide of how last night went!

There were some stand out moments but I can't even say they stood out by much because the whole night was just one amazing thing after another.

1) When I'm Old
A concert isn't a concert unless something is planned that brings all the fans together for a group project. This one was set up by the Street Teams from all over the world and included a piece of paper reading, 'We'll Love You When You're Old' which we held up during the song When I'm Old. It was a beautiful thing to see all of us getting together and by lord it made the boys pretty emoshe by the end. I think they needed something like this to really show how much they mean to us and how we will stay with them no matter what.
2) Joel Peat... my hero!
Joel has had a month or so but as Andy Brown summed up, he is a hero. Joel has always been a firm favourite of mine but it seemed as if he put even more into this gig and that he has become even more talented at the guitar, if that's even possible when it comes to Joel. When a guy can play guitar brilliantly then I'm amazed but when the same guy plays guitar brilliantly behind his back, I am officially done! Joel Peat is probably the most talented guitarist I have seen and he is also an amazing singer if your ears can tune in to those harmonies - I mean he blew me away! He constantly inspires me because he is not only talented but one of the nicest people I have ever met, that is why Joel is my hero as well as Andy Brown's,
3. Make It Happen
Lawson know how to pull on my heart strings by playing one of my favourite songs off the old album acoustically and really the fact that they played old songs really made it a unique show. As soon as I heard the first chords, the audience and I went crazy! Each time the old songs started playing, like Standing in The Dark, Taking Over Me etc, you suddenly felt really nostalgic as you're taken back to 2012 when Chapman Square was released.
4. My Boys
I guess this isn't a highlight as such but to sum up, I think the best thing about last night was seeing my boys again! Joel, Ryan, Adam and Andy have been such a huge part of my life and the fact that I hadn't seen them live since last November made last night even more special. Even though I only singled Joel out in this post for highlights, from other posts you'll know how talented I think the other boys are! Ryan and Adam on the bass and drums are really something extraordinary an Andy really is a dream frontman. All four boys are cheeky, entertaining and talented so any chance to see them perform, I will because they never EVER EVER disappoint me!

The energy was so infectious and suddenly I felt myself out of my own little life and into their world of friendship, love and music. Pretty awesome, isn't it?

So whatever the future holds for Lawson, I want them to know that, with everything crazy in my life, they are the one thing that stays constant in my life no matter whether I feel happy or sad. It upsets me how underappreciated they are in this shitty music industry where pure talent is always overlooked for gimmicks. Since I first saw Lawson in 2011 at Avril Lavigne, I have been a goose and will be one until the end of time! 

So, please guys check them out if you haven't and, if you're reading this Lawson, thank you - for everything. I couldn't have come this far without you.

Sorry to end this post all soppy...

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin