Skip to main content

My Top 5 Disney Moments...

Hello my lil fairies,

Like I've said, I probably had some of the best moments of my life while I was in Disney and it almost seemed impossible to narrow it down to a top 5. Yet, it seems like it would be a waste to not try and get it down to a small list because it might help you if you ever decide to go. It's sort of my top 5 moments and stuff that you should probably do when you go there.

1. The Happily Ever After Fireworks
If fireworks can make me cry then somebody has done an amazing job! The Happily Ever After Fireworks at Magic Kingdom was probably the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Disney managed to put together amazing fireworks, detailed illuminations and a beautiful story to make a spectacular spectacle! The blend of old and new Disney meant that everyone could at least sing along to half of the show, with Toy Story and Moana, you can't say that they're not catering to the masses. I felt like you need to go and watch it twice, once to look at the castle and once for the fireworks - each was as magnificent as the other. It's probably the best fireworks show I have and probably will ever see, unless I go again and they manage to make an even better one!
2. Meeting Peter Pan
Picture a 12 year old Sonal on her first Disney trip and she see's the most beautiful thing in the world, a tall ginger man in green tights. I literally waited 8 years to meet Peter Pan and he really didn't disappoint me because, even though I'm 20, meeting characters are so exciting. Peter Pan was witty, funny and was the character through and through which made me feel as if I was in Neverland. I've watched video after video of people meeting Pan and it lived up to my expectations and something I'd say you should definitely do- he's full of banter! Although I didn't meet him, I was lucky enough to see Gaston as well and they are always perfectly cast! So, these are some of the characters that I think you have to see: Peter Pan, Gaston, Tinkerbell, Evil Stepsisters and Rapunzel/ Flynn Ryder.

3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
I booked this ride a month in advance and almost couldn't go on it because of the stupid Florida weather. Luckily, we waited an hour and got to go on one of the most popular rides in all the Disney parks. From the front, it looks like your average roller coaster but it's definitely more than that. Of course it had the fast turns and high thrill drops but it was a story. Once you get plummeted into darkness, you travel into the dwarfs' mine and get to see your favourites singing inside a tunnel of marvelous gems. Its a nice contrast to the high thrill aspect and sort of brings you back into the reality of being at Disney. Remember, nothing is ever one dimensional! BUT PLEASE REMEMBER TO FAST PASS THIS RIDE, unless you want a 3 hour wait.

4. Disney Festival of Fantasy
I always love a good parade and, with the sadness of Disney getting rid of the evening electric parade, the Festival of Fantasy made up for it! I always love seeing all the different characters in one place with their own themed floats and music blaring throughout the parks. For me, the parade is a way to interact with characters on a big scale (maybe that's just my excitement of having Peter Pan waving at me because he saw my Pan inspired outfit and the lost boys staring into my camera). It epitomises the essence of Disney and shows the amount of effort that goes into everything they do from the details of the characters and their floats to the moves each character AND backing dancer does.
5. Lion King Festival of Friendship
Animal Kingdom is full of rides and shows that are definitely worth going to see but the Lion King show is something that you HAVE to go and see! It's not a copycat of the film but has taken the characters and created their own festival with music, singing and dancing. From swinging monkeys, a giant lion and a freestyling Timon, the Festival of Friendship is a show for all ages and the best thing for any Lion King fan. The 4 lead singers of the show are stars and literally make the show with their charisma and angelic voices! The show also has great audience participation from start to finish and sometimes I had to stop myself from getting out of my seat and actually running onto the stage in the most flamboyant way possible.

So, here are my top moments at Disney and let me tell you, it was almost impossible to narrow it down! Disney is where memories are made and moments that stay with you for the rest of your life! Special shout out to the Disney Pixar Orchestra at Disney Hollywood!
Until my next Disney Post...

That's all for now my dears,

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin