Skip to main content

My Strictly Favourites

Hiya my lil' fairies,

Strictly is well and truly underway and I feel like that starts an actual routine in my life based on the Strictly TV schedule. Monday to Thursday is It Takes Two at 6:30, Friday is It Takes Two at 6:00, Saturday is the main show and Sunday is the results show. My week is filled from Strictly from start to finish! So we're three weeks in and I think it's time to write about my favourite couples and who I think are front runners:

1. Jonnie Peacock and Oti Mabuse
I have always been a sucker for Jonnie from the 2012 Olympics and I have a slight obsession with Oti! So, I was thrilled at how surprisingly good Jonnie has been for an athlete, we might even have another Greg Rutherford on our hands? Oti always gives her partners great choreography and I think that Jonnie has perfectly adapted to her teaching style and is basking in her strict tactics. They work perfectly together and have pretty similar competitive ethics which makes for a perfect partnership. After his week 2 jive (which I can't stop watching), I can't wait to see what else Jo-ti (is that a thing?) has up their sleeves! I want to see Jonnie come out of his shell even more and let that bright personality shine!


2. Alexandra Burke and Gorka Marquez 
I loved Alexandra Burke on X Factor and it seems like, after the initial success, she's been floundering in the public eye. Well after Strictly, there won't be a person who isn't talking about her in some way. She has really made one of the most explosive debuts on Strictly Come Dancing and I can actually see her going the whole way to the final. Her first two dances were such spectacles that I almost forgot that I was watching a complete novice dance. Gorka is another one of my favourite pro's (who went out too early last year) so I can't wait to see even more of his beautiful choreography because he perfectly works to Alexandra's strengths. They also have one of the cutest partnerships and I can't blame them, Alexandra is one lucky girl! I only hope that they haven't peaked to soon!


3. Debbeh McGee and Giovanni Pernice
I didn't really know what to expect with Debbeh (sorry I just love how Gio says her name) and I was pleasantly surprised. Debbie McGee is the personification of style and grace and it comes out perfectly when she dances. I'm yet to see her perform a latin dance, which could be her weakness, but so far she's come out as a powerful and strong woman as well as an elegant English rose! Is there anything Debbie can't do? It seems as if she's taken to dancing like a duck on water and adapted perfectly to Giovanni and his teaching methods. There seems to be such a mutual respect between the two of them and that makes for some great acting within the dances... could Debbie be our first *over a certain age* winner?


So, what do you think of my choices? Is there anyone I missed or do you have the same ideas of me for your favourites? Leave a comment below and follow all of my SCD based social media:
Let's see if I can get anything right this year!

That's all for now my dears,

xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin