Skip to main content

Strictly Devastating

Hiya Guys,

It was the week of the Strictly Come Dancing Semi-Final and not a voice could be heard in the household as I sat holding my breath at the 10 dances I saw. However, Sunday was a different story as you heard shrieks of pleasure and a long sad cry of sadness! Yes I am a huge SCD fan but I normally leave my comments to my Tumblr blog but I felt very passionate about this week's results - not for the right reason either.

I have loved this years line up and I believed it to have been the best semi-final line up ever. My baby Jay coming back on the screen, the grace and drama of Kellie, the Northerness of Georgia, the novice and improvement of Anita and the elegance of Katie. I have never struggled so much with favourites and struggled between Jay, Kellie and Anita.

Which led me to the upset of this week's result because, although I believed the bottom 2 to be correct, the decision made by 3 judges was not the one I would have done and is the cause for a huge uproar by fans across the country.

I was thrilled that the three got through that did straight away because I absolutely love Jay and Kellie (okay I am like the biggest Kevin Clifton fan ever) but I was disappointed that Anita was in the dance off for the first time. 

I immediately knew Katie would do her average waltz and Anita would do that contreversial salsa that I loved and watched a bit too much (due to Gleb himself and that amazing choreography). Now I know they count it just on the dance off or are meant to but I believed that this week should have been an exception.

When it came to the judges telling the audience who they wanted to leave, for once I only actually agreed with Craig. Anita and Gleb are always so daring and is an all around better dancer which raises questions on whether they just wanted an excuse to keep Anton and get him to the final. My view is that Anita was always much better at all the dances and whereas Katie had huge lows (I mean that Charleston this week was awful), Anita has never fallen too far below the mark and has never been in the bottom for a reason. Anita and Gleb were firm fan favourites and I am sorely angry and upset that I am going to miss out on seeing their show dance next week.

I am very upset but I do believe that they could have won it but hey ho! I am just going to enjoy the final and vote for my two favourites!

Please let me know in the comments your views and follow my blog strictlycomesparkle.tumblr.com for up-to-date news and feedback from the final!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin