Skip to main content

My New Obsession - Call the Midwife

Hiya Guys,

A little insight into my life as said by many people, 'Wow you have an addictive personality.' Now, that isn't just everyone being nice about how they cannot get enough of me but more saying that I easily become addicted or obsessed with things. Well I mean it isn't as extreme as addiction to drugs or alcohol, of which I do not condone, but things such as music artists or television shows.

This post's introduction will link to my Music Friday but for this week I would like to talk about my latest TV obsession which is Call The Midwife. Also, if I seem to be writing slightly more eloquently, it won't last and is merely due to the fact that I have gotten through 4 series of the show in less than two weeks.

Set in the East End of London (this makes it more approachable as I know many of the sites), the show is about reasonably posh sisters and nurses who's job is mainly as a midwife to the disadvantaged expecting mothers.

I was really hesitant to watch the show because it sounded like something for old ladies who'd been through labour but, although there are a minimum of 3 births an episode, the show has so many more qualities and messages from doubt and loss to friendship and true love. Each episode opens a new story about a different character and touches upon the advancement of medicine to the emergence of new cultures.

The characters are also brilliant. My favourites are Chummy, played by Miranda Hart, who is basically herself if an equally as posh character but with more luck in love. |She also has the positivity of a midwife and the love that anyone in the health industry needs, Surprisingly, my other favourite character is Trixie, played by Helen George of whom I was sceptical when she was on Strictly, who plays a misunderstood girl with amazing dreams and a big heart. She seems one way when you first see the character but as it progresses, so does her story line and complexity.
So I know this is a short un' but I don't want to give away too many spoilers, except the fact that I cry at about half the episodes each series. So if you want a good family TV show, watch it! You won't regret it, Well you might when you realise you've wasted 2 weeks watching every episode.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin