Skip to main content

American Idol - My Favourites in the Top 10

Hiya Guys,

This post probably seems slightly weird as I am from the UK and this post is about an American TV Talent Show. Well, it is weird how obsessed I have become with this series for several reasons including the amount of talent that oozes from a variety of artists who beat most people on British talent shows.

The talent seems to be a lot more raw and they don't do what us Brits love and keep all the rubbish acts to make good TV but in the process ruin good artists shots. The amazingly funny and talented judging panel consisting of J-Lo, Keith Urban and Harry Connick Jr. have picked raw talent and stuck to their guns by keeping people they know can make it big. The chemistry between the 3 judges is brilliant as there is so much banter and joking but, in the end, they always know what they are talking about and give constructive criticism.

Here are the people I think have made this year amazing and have made it to the top 10:

1. Dalton Rapattoni - @DaltonRapattoni

You have probably seen me post about him in the past and, if you know my social media, you'll understand how this boy has been so amazing the last year to me. However, even if I hadn't of known of Dalton before, I would have still thought he was an amazing artist (even though he was the reason I watched it in the first place). He manages to change up every song that he has sang and when he first said he was going on the show, I thought I'd know what songs he'd sing but with a repertoire of Andrew Lloyd Webber to NSync to Billy Idol, he totally flipped what I thought but included songs from my favourite genre's. I am so proud of him and everything he has achieved so, it may be bias, but he is my favourite this season and I wish him all the best.
2. Mackenzie Bourg - @mackenziebourg

I have loved this guy from day one because of the pure quirkiness and cuteness he brings. His little geeky glasses really give him that boy next door look or the shy boy in the back of class. BUT, his voice is definitely something amazing and his individual kind of voice is nothing that I have heard recently, especially in the charts. It seems as if he is also an amazing songwriter as Roses almost sounded like something I would buy from iTunes today and really show that he could make a huge contribution to the music industry. He takes every song and makes it his own which I think is key to make it into the industry nowadays.
3. Trent Harmon - @TrentWHarmon

This guy has an absolutely stunning voice and it seems as if he has heart and soul to match. I remember getting so worried when he came on stage on group night saying he had mono because I thought they might disqualify him but thank god they didn't! He entrances me when he sings and he always brings a slight bit of quirkiness, like Mackenzie. His voice is so unique and I don't think that there are many artists that are so pure and natural and that suit most types of songs even if they aren't normally associated with that type of voice. Also, some of those hats that he wears make me very hat jealous because some of them, including his red one, are pieces of art.

So there are my three favourites. Don't forget to follow them on Twitter and, if you're lucky enough to be in the US, then vote for them on American Idol! However, I do love them all and people like Tristan, Lee Jean and La'Porsha are also stunning so watch it and choose your own favourite!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin