Skip to main content

All Time Low- Back to the Future Hearts Tour

Hiya Guys,

Sorry for not posting last Friday or at all but it's because I have loads of assignments due in and Music Friday wasn't uploaded because I was preparing for this week by going to a concert!

As I have mentioned before, I am such a huge All Time Low fan and the fact that, after 5 years, I have finally been able to see them live is really a huge thing for me and the fact that I took my mum and converted her to a fan is huge. Before I start my highlights or review, I want to say that the wait didn't disappoint me and it has been one of the best tours I have seen due to the sheer perfection of everything including the support acts, the setlist, the energy and the atmosphere.

I had heard of both the support acts (Against the Current and Good Charlotte) but live, they exceeded all of my expectations. It was obvious that Good Charlotte was the most popular of the two but this was clearly because of the length of time they had been around as they had fans from the age of 15 to 40. They kept there setlists current and interactive with Against the Current playing an amazing rendition of Uptown Funk and GC playing some of their classics such as Girls and Boys which even my mum knew.
Once everyone had been hyped up by the support acts, up came All Time Low from a platform with the light shining down on them (and Jack having his hands down his pants) which set the mood for the entire night.

Apart from having the best setlist I have seen which contained pretty much all the songs I wrote on my list last post inc. Lost in Stereo and Poppin' Champagne, there was so much energy and so many highlights that I can't really put it into words how amazing it was.

There were so many levels to the set and this included extremely upbeat songs where everyone in the arena was jumping up and down (with the occasional moshpit) to everyone having their flashlights out and crying (that might just have been me in Missing You). I have never felt so accomplished or so satisfied after waiting for so long to see a band because normally you always feel a bit disappointed but here I never did.

Each of the boys brought something to the night:

1. Alex Gaskarth
I sometime wonder how Alex can make so many styles of songs sound so cool! He epitomises what a lead singer should be with crowd participation, an amazing singing voice and guitar skills to die for. I don't think I've met someone who is a triple threat as much as Alex: great singer, great guitarist and great performer.
2. Zachary Merrick
Zack was as quiet as he always is but it always seems to work for him. He didn't need all the gimmicks or stage antics like Jack yet he managed to draw me in with the passion and skills on the bass (or several of which the one pictured was my favourite). Also, the fact that he knew the bass rift to 'Do you want me' off by heart really stole my heart!
3. Jack Barakat
I could not keep up with Jack the entire 2 hours because he had so much energy that I didn't know where to put my eyes. He was running from one side to the other, jumping into the crowd and sweating his balls off yet his performance skills never faltered once. Jack Barakat, you are my hero and I would party with you!
4. Rian Dawson
Silent but deadly is the only way to describe Rian Dawon. His drumming was a little show within the main show because the passion shown in his face is so dramatic and exciting that I could watch him all day. He is so ruggedly handsome and so talented that he is one of my favourite drummers!

Ending the night with a cheesy improvised version of the 80's classic 'Don't you want me' really summarised the tour in a few words: very weird yet it works!

So that was my night and I can't stress enough how much I recommend you seeing them live if you have the chance whether it be at an arena, stadium or at a festival!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin