Skip to main content

5SOS Sounds Live, Feels Live x2

Hiya Guys,

I was extremely quiet last week but on top of essay's, I had some busy evenings in the form of going to see WWE live in Manchester and two night's of 5SOS. So, back onto what I love doing the most on this blog - MUSIC FRIDAY CONCERT REVIEW!!

The weeks preceding the 5 Seconds of Summer concerts, I didn't really feel an overwhelming sense of excitement due to university work but come the Friday morning, I was itching to see these 4 Aussie idiots again! Then by Sunday morning, after two amazing nights, I was feeling down and suffering 'post 5SOS-itous' and it was because they were two amazing nights.
Luke and Michael admitted from the word go that they were not feeling on top of the world as they both had dry throats and felt very ill. Well all I can say is that if I sounded as good as they did when they were ill normally then I would be more than happy. Although I thought they were brilliant on Friday, you could tell that they were much happier with their performances on Saturday.

By entering singing Carry On  they really hit the nail on the head because it set such a beautiful, emotional and serene mood which is really what I believed summed up the album perfectly. However, by following it with Hey Everybody and other up tempo songs such as Don't Stop and Money, it was a really nice move and worked so smoothly and brought the energy back to the audience and made the venue seem like a party.
The slow songs were just as good and it was really nice how the new songs flowed with the old, same with the emotional songs like Vapor flowing nicely into the songs like Good Girls.

Although many people asked me how I could watch two nights in a row with the same setlist, I like to remind them that no two 5SOS shows are the same. So here are some of my highlights of both nights.

1, Waste the Night
This was the one song that I was so immensely excited to see live because it is lyrically and vocally such a challenging and complicated. Luke absolutely smashed this song on both nights, even with a sore throat, and it felt so raw and effortless that I very much fangirled during this song. If you haven't seen even a snippet of this song sung live then what have you been doing with your life? This was my favourite song of the night and my number one moment from both nights.
2, Wonderwall
Each show meant an impromptu song made up on the spot. The Friday night threw me way back by making up a song to the tune of Too Late but Saturday night really showed that the boys realised what us Mancunians do best: make frickin' awesome bands. After trying to find facts to sing about, Ashton suggested singing Wonderwall by Oasis and reluctantly the boys all sang a very good version of a proper UK tune. I think it really got the crowd going because which Mancunian doesn't like some Oasis. It made up for the fact that there was no Greenday or any type of cover on this setlist so thanks for that boys!

3. Who Wants to Kiss Calum?
This didn't happen on Friday so I was surprised but Mikey hit it back on Saturday by hugely embarrassing Calum again by asking the crowd who wanted to kiss Calum... well obviously the entire room got slightly too excited because EVERYONE wanted to kiss him and I mean everyone. I do feel bad for Calum sometimes but he should take it as a compliment because he has become some girl's dream boy.
4. A Michael Fail
I love that no matter what Michael does, it always goes slightly off plan and yet he manages to make a joke about it. He tried to get everyones opinion on the night asking what everyone rated it out of ten. He hilariously got frustrated when people started screaming on 7/10,8/10 etc and kept trying to say, 'GUYS YOU'RE MEANT TO DO IT ON 10/10.' I do appreciate him for trying though.
So thank you so much 5SOS for an amazing two nights that made me wonder why I didn't go to every single night. I feel like I haven't spoken much about Ashton and even though I was upset he didn't sing or speak as much, when he did, he really was like a bundle of sunshine that I want to take with me everywhere I go.
So I rate the two nights 20/20 and once again like to emphasise that, if you get a chance to see them live, you should use every opportunity to witness an amazing show.

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

P.S all these photos are mine so please don't steal them


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin