Skip to main content

The End of the American Idol Era! - FInale Night

Hiya Guys,

As many of you who've read my other posts know, I have been pretty much addicted to this series of American Idol (even though I am from the UK) and I am sad to say it has finally finished. After 14 years, they've hung up the microphones and packed up the stage and ended on a high!

This series has been absolutely amazing and I have witnessed some amazing and talented singers that are really going to influence the music industry in the years to come. But these last two days of the finale have really ended the show on a high note. 

I was extremely devastated when Dalton got voted out but I am so incredibly proud of how much he has achieved and he couldn't have lost out to two better people! Trent and La'Porshe are absolutely stunning singers and I don't think I could have predicted a better final. Wednesday night really heated up the process with it being on a much larger scale in terms of staging and audience as well as more to lose.

Dalton's performance of Strike a Match was definitely an amazing way to bow out of Idol and a reminding everyone on how he got to 3rd place. It has so much emotion and you could literally see the happiness in his face as he domineered the stage with this amazing song that could be a no.1 single. He always makes a spectacle of every song and my eyes are never not drawn to him in a performance. He should be proud of his journey and this performance was no exception. I also have to thank him as, without him, I never would have watched this series to start with.

La'Porsha Renae was an absolutely stunning runner up and I think that, no matter what happens, she has an amazing future. She is also a role model for women and girls everywhere. Her song Battles is such a statement and would have been an amazing single for her because it really shows off her vocal talents and I hope she knows how amazing it was. Followed by her cover of Diamonds and A House is not a Home were as amazing as her first performance. I loved hearing Diamonds again because I think that it was one of her strongest performances and she manages to show her great range with whatever song she sings! I wish her all the best in the future and feel blessed to have been braced with her voice.

Trent Harmon was someone I clocked as a favourite from the start and I couldn't be happier for him because any three of them could have won! Singing Chandelier again was such a good choice for Trent as it was one of those performances that captivates me and really shows off his amazing vocal skills including his range and all of those acrobatics! Not to mention that I am uber jealous of his voice because I cannot even reach half the notes he can and I am a 19 year old girl... If You Don't Know Me By Now was also one of those songs that was absolutely perfect for Trent and it shows off his stage presence and actually shows him off as a proper diva with that jacket. I actually felt him singing those words and that is what I love about him and all of the other singers on here this year. Finally, his winner's song Falling was the perfect song for him. I don't want to keep repeating it but his sheer vocal abilities amaze me again and again and I know that he is going to have an amazing career.

So that's my finale round up and I think it was one of the best out of any talent shows I have watched, including those in the UK, and I feel blessed for being so involved.

So I bid you a goodbye American Idol and thank you for the memories!

That's all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin