Skip to main content

So long 2015!

Hiya Guys,

I was going to do a cliche of a post on what I was going to change about myself and the things I do in 2016, but I decided against it. Instead I have decided to do my round up of the most important parts of 2015 in the different area's such as music, film, news etc. I decided to do a few big points for each topic just so it gives you a bit of everything and be free to skip the things that bore you.

Music

1. Probably the biggest news (well depending on who you are) is the break up of the HUGE 1D. Whether you love or hate them, you have to admit that they had some catchy tunes and they basically took over the world and there were some hilariously OTT reactions to their break up such as mass hysteria.

2. Justin Beiber changed his demographic. Who would have thought by the end of 2015, Beiber would've had 8 tracks in the top 40 in one week as well as changing pretty much everyone in the world to being a sort of Belieber. I was never a Bieber fan but it seems that his new music brought everyone to his feet.

3. Well this point is more on a bias basis but how can we forget the reunited Busted announcing a tour! No-one actually thought this would happen, even now, which made it even amazing and shocking. Whether you loved or hated Busted, you can't help but feel nostalgic as the memories of shorts and gelled up hair rushes into your head as you head bang to Year 3000 or Who's David.

Technology

1. The introduction of 4K and the emergence of the curved TV is either something you love and have to have or, like me, slightly annoying. However, it does show the rapid advancement of our technology and the sizes just keep getting bigger and the capabilities are amazing. As a tech geek, the abilities that a single TV has now amazes me.

2. Apple never fails to amaze or annoy us every year with their advancements. With the introduction of Apple Music (which caused a lot of controversy) as well as the new Iphone/ Ipad designs, I think that it's impossible to not include them on the tech news of 2015. Even though the phones are getting way too big for my liking, they are revolutionising the way we use our phones and make communicating and interacting much easier. So much so that my parents bought my grandparents an Ipad to message me at university.

Films

1, The biggest news was probably the release of the newest Star Wars film that was a changing force in cinematic history. With new additions in the cast, the franchise really took steps in moving film into the modern era with introducing the first female storm trooper and a villain who was not the typical 'girly' nemesis.

2. The release of James Bond Spectrum was one that got mixed reviews from the critics and people that I knew. So many people loved it but there was criticism in the form of the storyline and the every controversial topic of the age of the Bond Girl.I think that the release of a Bond film is always a huge part of the year because there is the guesses of who is singing the new Bond song (which sounds like MJ Earth song at points) or who the new Bond girl is.

General News

1. The emergence of another Conservative government was something that I could never ever imagine. I won't tell you who I support but, as a student, the idea of having a government of posh men who raised our university fee's was not appealing. I guess this raises the questions of if our electoral system is effective and fair. It was not won as a majority and it seems that there are always grumbles but who knows, will it last? As the electoral poll is opened to younger people, will we finally get our views heard?

2. #LoveWins was a huge trending topic because the US legalised gay marriage way too late but at least it happened. It shows that the world is developing and is a huge step in tolerance for different people. There is still a far way to go but having one of the most powerful nations legalise it was a huge step and it the first of many more laws tolerating people.

3. The emergence of extremism was something that shocked the world with the various attacks across the world. The laws placed by governments have been questioned and, whether you agree or not, it is extremely scary and something that I hope will be left in 2015.

So, if I have missed anything then I am sorry but this was a quick summary and my views on these topics are stated and please respect my views and I will respect yours.

I hope you all have an amazing 2016 and that the news is as interesting.

Thats all for now my dears,
See you soon

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What the Future holds!

Hi my lil' fairies It's been a month since I've graduated and, since that day, I've been hit with questions left, right and centre about what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. As I've said in the last post, that scares me shitless because I still think I'm too young to know what the future's going to be like and I'm in denial that I'm not in education anymore to use as an excuse... That's not to say that I've been sat on my arse since I finished in May! As soon as I got home, I was lucky enough to have a job at Hollister waiting for me so, as long as I can get the hours, that's what I'll be doing to pass the time and earn some cash. On top of that, I'm also trying to get work experience here and there, apply for jobs and still do all the stuff I love like writing my blogs and stories. However, the fact that I've been so busy, has helped me not like go into an existential crisis BUT it means I've always

Ear Piercing Debate

Hi my lil' fairies, It seems like all I ever seem to do is complain about what I've seen on my usual weekday morning television schedule, which normally includes Lorraine, This Morning and Loose Women! I can normally watch pretty much any segment and understand both perspectives, but, today, I watched a segment about a debate that has been talked about before and is just increasingly angering me each time. Would you let your toddler get their ears pierced? Here's the video from the last time it was debated: I know it's a question that raises controversy but my main issue was the argument from the woman who opposed it: getting your toddler's ears pierced is child abuse. EXCUSE ME?!? Here's my stance on this issue as a whole: I got my ears pierced when I was a small baba because it's pretty much normal in my culture and the same thing happened to my sister when she was little. I never found anything weird about it and, fast forward 20

Halloween Costume Controversy Response

Hello my lil' fairies Sometimes, I'll be watching daytime telly (Loose Women, This Morning etc) and I'll stumble upon a topic of discussion that really sparks a reaction inside of me which I normally respond to by tweets. This morning I was watching Good Morning Britain and a topic came up that I knew needed a lot more than just 240 characters. It's something that is extremely close to my heart and really relevant at the moment. I am a massive Disney fan and meeting the characters and Princesses at Disneyworld are memories I won't forget. It's also Halloween and millions of little children are going out to buy costumes of their favourite Princesses like Cinderella, Elsa and Jasmine. So, you can imagine my surprise when I heard Susanna Reid and Richard Madeley talking about the cultural appropriation of Halloween costumes, and in particular Moana and Elsa costumes. My view might be controversial in this PC society but, as someone of ethnic origin, I thin